Old March 29th 11, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Helix / helical polarization

Yes!
Old March 29th 11, 05:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"KD7HB" wrote in message
Yes!

That's how I remembered it - a mirror image - I think I confused myself
(again) looking at AO-51's details.

Dave - G6ZKC

Old March 29th 11, 06:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 29/03/2011 17:00, KD7HB wrote:
Yes!

No!!! Put 2 screws end to end and prove it!!

Mind you even the professional got it wrong in the early days of satellites.

Jeff
Old March 29th 11, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Dave" wrote in message ...

"KD7HB" wrote in message
Yes!

That's how I remembered it - a mirror image - I think I confused myself
(again) looking at AO-51's details.

Dave - G6ZKC

Only for moon bounce.

For one antenna direct to another, they must both be the same. That would
be RHC for both antennas or LHC for both antennas. If one is LHC and the
other is RHC, there is about a 20 or so db difference, just as it would be
going horizontal to vertical. If the signal bounces off something ONE
time, then it is reversed.

There are other things that may cause the signal to be reversed or atleast
be stronger if reversed. There are cases where the OSCAR signal will be
stronger if the opposite sense is used. Sometimes while using a circular
antenna (KLM22C) I have found earth station that use horizontal or vertical
antennas stronger one way than the other.

Old March 30th 11, 04:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

On 3/29/2011 12:02 PM, Jeff wrote:
On 29/03/2011 17:00, KD7HB wrote:
Yes!

No!!! Put 2 screws end to end and prove it!!

Mind you even the professional got it wrong in the early days of
satellites.

Jeff

Correct.

Amazing how many smart people don't get it. Often the "dumb" people are
much smarter.

tom
K0TAR

Helix / helical polarization Dave[_24_] Antenna 6 April 3rd 11 10:56 AM
Helix angles art Antenna 4 November 14th 07 07:26 PM
helical vs beam ml Antenna 5 November 19th 06 02:19 AM
Helical Resonators?? Registered TradeMark- Swap 1 April 15th 04 07:45 PM
Helical Resonators Registered TradeMark- General 0 April 14th 04 07:50 PM