Old April 9th 11, 01:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Your opinion on QST propagation article

I would be interested to read opinions on the article "Gimme an X, Gimme an O"
published on December 2010 QST.

Thanks for feedback.

73

Tony I0JX
Rome, Italy

Old April 10th 11, 04:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 14:50:24 +0200, "Antonio Vernucci"
wrote:

I would be interested to read opinions on the article "Gimme an X, Gimme an O"
published on December 2010 QST.

Hi Antonio,

Why not give us your opinion first? (It might help us who don't have
access to the article to know what the opion is for.)

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old April 10th 11, 06:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 14:50:24 +0200, Antonio Vernucci wrote:
I would be interested to read opinions on the article "Gimme an X,
Gimme an O" published on December 2010 QST.

*WHAT!!!* Opinions on USENET? "Shirley, you jest." :-)

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
Old April 10th 11, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 4/9/2011 5:50 AM, Antonio Vernucci wrote:
I would be interested to read opinions on the article "Gimme an X, Gimme
an O" published on December 2010 QST.

Thanks for feedback.

73

Tony I0JX
Rome, Italy

This may help you in your endeavor, as this ground doesn't appear
fertile to your question:
http://kl7ex.info/page5.html

Regards,
JS

Old April 11th 11, 08:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

This may help you in your endeavor, as this ground doesn't appear
fertile to your question:
http://kl7ex.info/page5.html

Regards,
JS

Thanks for info. Will keep tuned.

73
+
Tony I0JX

Old April 11th 11, 08:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Why not give us your opinion first? (It might help us who don't have
access to the article to know what the opion is for.)

I was hoping to find someome having thoroughly read the article and ready to
discuss his doubts.

Discussing the issues, starting from scratch, would lead to too long a debate.

73

Tony I0JX

Old April 11th 11, 11:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 21:50:14 +0200, "Antonio Vernucci"
wrote:

Why not give us your opinion first? (It might help us who don't have
access to the article to know what the opion is for.)

I was hoping to find someome having thoroughly read the article and ready to
discuss his doubts.

Hi Tony,

To answer my question, it is not all that very difficult to give us
some "opinion-based" appraisal, the article was:
1. not particularly distinguished;
2. remarkably good;
3. remarkably bad.

However, if 2 or 3 is offered in response, then there is something to
remark. If it is remarkable, then there is some technical aspect to
discuss (which means we depart from opinion, unfortunately, for the
discussion to become rational).

I see no one offering a technically specific comment nor a general
opinion. By this benchmark, then, this article must not be
particularly distinguished or it is buried in an undistinguished
publication.

However, given Brett's link I would find nothing at that link to
debate either. On the positive side, that writing seems to rise above
undistinguished work, but if you are not going to commit yourself, or
provide deeper insight, then my observation is strained to give it
that much benefit.

Discussing the issues, starting from scratch, would lead to too long a debate.

The dynamics of discussion here are self regulating. It would seem
the "debate," after six posting has yet to begin (and we are thus in a
long discussion about the shape of the debate table).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old April 11th 11, 11:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 4/11/2011 3:06 PM, Richard Clark wrote:

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

No problem!

I think everyone here realizes you could find your head if it was stuck
up your arse just far enough to keep you from sitting on the wad of lard!

ROFLOL

My father said, as many do, if you are going to be something, be the
best ... I can't fault you in this -- good job, well done, you are the
biggest imbecile and moron I have ever had the displeasure of reading,
the junk text you generate is nothing short of amazing ... enough to
fill dumpsters and keep garbage men employed though these tough economic
times ... a worthwhile service ... I suppose yawn.

At first you are funny, but then, my attention span, with clowns, is
rather short ...

Regards,
JS
Old April 12th 11, 06:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Apr 11, 10:31*pm, John Smith wrote:

My father said, as many do, if you are going to be something, be the
best ...

Too bad you didn't take his advice. Does he have any children he CAN
be proud of?

Old April 12th 11, 06:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 4/11/2011 10:28 PM, Oliver wrote:
On Apr 11, 10:31 pm, John wrote:

My father said, as many do, if you are going to be something, be the
best ...

Too bad you didn't take his advice. Does he have any children he CAN
be proud of?

Pull your member out of clarks' arse ... it is disgusting to watch ...

Or, to put it nicely, "Plonk you and clark!" ROFLOL

Regards,
JS

HFV-5 antenna opinion zz Antenna 0 March 8th 07 10:33 AM
HamPoll Wants Your Opinion Charles Brabham Equipment 0 November 2nd 05 02:05 AM
Low Band Propagation Article dxAce Shortwave 1 April 25th 05 04:03 PM
PRO 82 Opinion? Charlie Chan Scanner 0 January 10th 05 08:21 PM
FRG-7 Opinion m II Shortwave 1 May 14th 04 04:12 PM