Old August 8th 11, 03:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Vertical on metal patio cover

A while back I asked about experiences on the group with verticals on
metal patio covers. Today I had a chance to run an experiment that
turned out fine. There is a lot of conduit above the cover for fan,
2 outlets, and 6 lights. I used a mobile antenna roof rack mount on
a section of conduit and mounted an Outbacker mobile antenna.

Twenty meters was the only band tryed, and results were OK. Best of
all, the antenna received approval by "she who approves things".
Next step is to put up a longer radiator without loading coils.

Wayne W5GIE
/6
Old August 8th 11, 03:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 8/7/2011 9:42 PM, Wayne wrote:
A while back I asked about experiences on the group with verticals on
metal patio covers. Today I had a chance to run an experiment that
turned out fine. There is a lot of conduit above the cover for fan, 2
outlets, and 6 lights. I used a mobile antenna roof rack mount on a
section of conduit and mounted an Outbacker mobile antenna.

Twenty meters was the only band tryed, and results were OK. Best of all,
the antenna received approval by "she who approves things". Next step is
to put up a longer radiator without loading coils.

Wayne W5GIE
/6

Good work, Wayne. Keep it up!

John KD5YI