Old May 17th 04, 02:36 PM
Robert11

Default Antenna Suggestion Requested: Receiving Only, Up To 30 MHz, & Omni Directional ?

Hello:

Thinking about replacing my present random-length antenna which I have
strung around the 4 sides (open loop; 40x25x40x25 approx.) of my attic.

Do listening only. Receiver is grounded to a cold water pipe.

Want omni directional, and wide continual freq. coverage; few hundred KHz up
to 30 MHz.

Is there an antenna I can purchase for my yard that would offer the
"possibility" of significantly
improved reception ?

Don't want a tower, or something overly large that would take up my entire
yard !

Thanks,
Bob

Old May 17th 04, 03:33 PM
John Smith

A good preamp (with FM, TV rejection) using your current antenna would work
as good or better that a larger antenna.

Old May 17th 04, 05:31 PM
Allodoxaphobia

On Mon, 17 May 2004 09:36:57 -0400, Robert11 hath writ:
Hello:

Thinking about replacing my present random-length antenna which I have
strung around the 4 sides (open loop; 40x25x40x25 approx.) of my attic.

Do listening only. Receiver is grounded to a cold water pipe.

Want omni directional, and wide continual freq. coverage; few hundred KHz up
to 30 MHz.

Depending on what you mean by "... few hundred KHz ...", a large,
indoor, tuneable, rotateable loop antenna may be a good augmentation
to your current, adequate "... random-length antenna ..."
This-a-way, you can rotate to maximize signal reception, or rotate
to minimize interference.

With a little additional "complexity", you might install such a
loop in the attic, as well.

HTH
Jonesy