Old April 15th 12, 06:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default The earth

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message

"Rob" napisal w wiadomosci
Szczepan Bialek wrote:
But the question is if Marconi was right:"
"The necessity or utility of the earth connection has been sometimes
questioned, but in my opinion no practical system of wireless telegraphy
exists
where the instruments are not connected to earth."

Best regards,
S*

The problem with you is that you will not take the correct answer
to that question, but you will keep asking it until someone incorrectly
answers that Marconi was right.

Ian did it. He wrote:
"The "static to earth" in my HF aerial is merely to get the static to
bypass
my receiver. The earth connection is not necessary in order to receive
signals."

Tell as if a practical radio exists where the instruments are not
connected to earth/chassis."
I am not asking for what: to bypass or to receive/transmit.

S*

Hello Szczepan
No, I did not say that Marconi was correct. I did say that the earth
connection is not necessary in order to receive signals. I suspect that your
English is not as good as we think.

Old April 15th 12, 06:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
.. .

"
Not dobled but doubled (twice as large). It is desribed by Lodge: See
Fig.2 : http://www.antiquewireless.org/otb/lodge1102.htm
"The electrical waves produced by the oscillations at A traveled along the
wires and were reflected at the far ends. Lodge knew that the longer spark
at B3 was due to what he called the "recoil impulse" or "recoil kick" at
the end of the wires where the waves were reflected.[4] At spark gap B3
both the incident wave and the reflected wave had their maximum values and
were in phase. This produced a voltage twice as large as the voltage at
spark gap A."

"Tesla discovered that the one end of the dipole must be earthed to have
the strong waves."
This is definitely something that I will not be doing. A dipole has low
impedance at the feed point and high impedance at its ends.

A dipole with one ene earthed becomes a monopole.
Hertz transmitter is a dipole. The Tesla's is a monopole.
Todays dipoles are simply the two monopoles.
Thanks this the waves are polarized.

But the question is if Marconi was right:"
"The necessity or utility of the earth connection has been sometimes
questioned, but in my opinion no practical system of wireless telegraphy
exists
where the instruments are not connected to earth."

Best regards,
S*

Hello again Szczepan .
You used the term "dobled". Was it a typing error on your part?
Are we discussing spark transmission and non-resonant aerials?

Regards, Ian.

Old April 15th 12, 07:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message
Szczepan Bialek wrote:

Ian did it. He wrote:
"The "static to earth" in my HF aerial is merely to get the static to
bypass
my receiver. The earth connection is not necessary in order to receive
signals."

No, he did not.

You are just too stupid to understand what it is that Ian wrote.

Tell as if a practical radio exists where the instruments are not
connected
to earth/chassis."

Meaningless gibberish.

I am not asking for what: to bypass or to receive/transmit.

More meaningless gibberish.

Hello folks.

I have a suspicion that Szczepan's English is either not as good as it
appears or that he is using a web translation page.

Szczepan - do you hold an amateur radio licence, please?

Regards, Ian.

Old April 15th 12, 09:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Ian" napisał w wiadomości
wrote in message
Szczepan Bialek wrote:

Ian did it. He wrote:
"The "static to earth" in my HF aerial is merely to get the static to
bypass
my receiver. The earth connection is not necessary in order to receive
signals."

No, he did not.

You are just too stupid to understand what it is that Ian wrote.

Tell as if a practical radio exists where the instruments are not
connected
to earth/chassis."

Meaningless gibberish.

I am not asking for what: to bypass or to receive/transmit.

More meaningless gibberish.

Hello folks.

I have a suspicion that Szczepan's English is either not as good as it
appears or that he is using a web translation page.

Szczepan - do you hold an amateur radio licence, please?

I have even never seen a transmitter.
For me it is a "black box".

I only want to know if the box is connected to the earth/chassis.

Your the first answer was Yes ("The "static to earth" in my HF aerial is

Old April 15th 12, 09:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Ian did it. He wrote:
"The "static to earth" in my HF aerial is merely to get the static to
bypass
my receiver. The earth connection is not necessary in order to receive
signals."

Tell as if a practical radio exists where the instruments are not
connected to earth/chassis."
I am not asking for what: to bypass or to receive/transmit.

S*

Hello Szczepan
No, I did not say that Marconi was correct. I did say that the earth
connection is not necessary in order to receive signals. I suspect that
your English is not as good as we think.

But you wrote that your radio have the earth/chassis.
S*

Old April 15th 12, 10:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Ian" napisał w wiadomości

[...]

Yes.

Are we discussing spark transmission and non-resonant aerials?

The earth/chassis and the field electron emission..
S*

Old April 15th 12, 10:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Uzytkownik "Jeff" napisal w wiadomosci
On 15/04/2012 09:58, Szczepan Bialek wrote:

But you wrote that your radio have the earth/chassis.

The point that you are missing is that the earth connection has NOTHING
to do with transmitting or receiving a signal. If is merely there for
safety in the event of a lightening strike or build up or static.

So the radio have the earth/chassis.

Ian's equipment will work no differently is the earth connection is
disconnected. Marconi was WRONG!!!!

And what about your equipment?
Is the earth connection disconnected?
S*

Old April 15th 12, 10:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:
Are we discussing spark transmission and non-resonant aerials?

The earth/chassis and the field electron emission..
S*

Hey Szczepan,

Spark transmitters are not used anymore.
Try to find some more recent articles about transmitting.

Today we use nicely synthesized carrier waves that are fed to
antennas suitable for the frequency in use, not a noise generator
and transformer to high voltages connected to a random wire net.

Especially when that frequency is somewhat higher (much higer
than what Marconi and Tesla were transmitting on), there is no
need for en earth connection or even a chassis.
That is because an antenna is used that is balanced or has its
own counterpoise for the driven element.

A connection to earth would not be effective anyway, because
antennas used at higher frequencies are often several wavelengths
above the earth, and a wire used to connect to the earth would
not behave like a conductor at those frequencies.

We also operate our antennas well below the point where arcing
occurs, so we don't have to deal with electron emission.

So now please go off to a group that operates the century old
techniques that you seem to be discussing.
Maybe you can find a Tesla coil enthousiasts group where your
voice will be appreciated, although I think they are not using
sparkgaps anymore either.
Old April 15th 12, 05:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Ian wrote:

Hello folks.

I have a suspicion that Szczepan's English is either not as good as it
appears or that he is using a web translation page.

That his English is horrible is a given, but since he has been doing
exactly the same thing for years now it should be a lot better than
it is.

He has been posting the same idiotic crap for years to the sci. groups
and getting the same responses.

He is incapable of comprehending that Tesla, Maxwell, Marconi, etc. did
NOT have a full understanding of RF over a hundred years ago.

He keeps posting the same idiotic questions, with references to century
old quotes, over and over no matter how many times he is answered.

Szczepan - do you hold an amateur radio licence, please?

No, he does not.

Old April 15th 12, 05:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
.. .

Szczepan - do you hold an amateur radio licence, please?

I have even never seen a transmitter.
For me it is a "black box".

I only want to know if the box is connected to the earth/chassis.

Your the first answer was Yes ("The "static to earth" in my HF aerial is
merely to get the static to bypass my receiver).
S*

Hello Szczepan.
It seems that you totally misunderstood my answer.
A ground connection is NOT necessary in order to receive a signal.

You tell me that you have not seen a transmitter and regard it as a black
box. I recommend that you get a modern textbook on radio technology so that
you can understand how radios and aerials work.

Kindest regards, Ian.

Earth To GWB! James Douglas Shortwave 1 November 22nd 05 04:29 PM
Earth To GWB! m II Shortwave 0 November 22nd 05 05:47 AM
Earth To GWB! Larry Naumann Shortwave 0 November 21st 05 10:20 PM
CALCULATION OF EARTH RESISTANCE IN MULTI-LAYER EARTH STRUCTURE [email protected] Antenna 2 January 12th 05 03:41 PM
CALCULATION OF EARTH RESISTANCE IN MULTI-LAYER EARTH STRUCTURE [email protected] Equipment 1 January 11th 05 05:14 PM