Old July 11th 12, 06:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default common mode current

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

U?ytkownik "Ian" napisa? w wiadomo?ci
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
.. .

Your antennas are the diwire.
From the radiating wire the electrons jump off and penetrate into the
counterpoise wire.
It would be interesting to know if is any difference in behavior of the
different wires.
S*

Hello Szczepan.
"Diwire"? What's that?

In English the Ham dipole is the same as the two wires where one is
connected to the live conductor and the second to the bride.

There is no "Ham dipole", there are only dipoles.

There is no "live conductor" and there is no "bridge".

In Polish the Ham dipole consist of the radiator and counterpoise.

There is no "Ham dipole", there are only dipoles.

A dipole does not have a counterpoise.

So the correct name for such aerial is "diwire".

Pure babble.

"From the radiating wire the electrons jump off and penetrate into the
counterpoise wire."
Sounds like a rather short circuit. Not much chance of a QSO.

From Maxwell time all circuits are closed (displacemment current).
See at that: http://educypedia.karadimov.info/lib...entstehung.gif

This picture has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

The short circuit would be if the radiator and the counterpoise are close to
itself.

Pure babble.

They are in such cofiguration in the transmitting line.

Pure babble.

Have you QSO with the line alone?
S*

How many antennas have you built in your lifetime that you continue to argue
with and ignore people that have build hundreds of antennas?

Old July 11th 12, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

napisa? w wiadomo?ci
Szczepan Bialek wrote:

How many antennas have you built in your lifetime?

Why do you refuse to answer the question?

I was writting many times that a radio was/is/and will be the black box.

Babble; why do you refuse to answer the question?

Is it because you have built zero antennas and you are trying to say all
the people that have successfully built hundreds that they are all wrong?

Each area has their own language.

So what?

Why do you refuse to answer the question?

Simply same of you do not know that "dipole" is a radiator and counterpoise.

A dipole does NOT have a counterpoise.

So you are right that the "dipole" do not need the ground.
Do not need, because the ground (counterpoise) is the integral part of the
"dipole".

Pure babble.

In summary Marconi is right.

Marconi was wrong.

How many antennas have you built in your lifetime?

Why do you refuse to answer the question?

Is it because you have built zero antennas and you are trying to say all
the people that have successfully built hundreds that they are all wrong
and you don't want to admit you are an ignorant, inducable, idiot?

Old July 11th 12, 06:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

"W5DXP" napisal w wiadomosci
On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 11:49:52 AM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
The currents consists of electrons.

Sorry, electrons cannot move fast enough to support RF current which cannot
flow inside a wire. The RF EM wave flow is supported by photons moving at
the speed of light in a cloud surrounding the wire.

Photons are the energy portions. Like the tons in sound.

Does it means that the electrons jump off from the end of the radiator?

Electrons are known to "jump off from the end of the radiator". It's called
corona and it is visible at night. Fortunately, it happens only under
special conditions because that energy is not coherently radiated, i.e. not
useful for anything except melting the ends of an antenna.

Before melting the end is lighting. Before shine it is hot. In the all
stadiums the electrons jump off (from transmitting antennas).

In Faraday time no such meters but Faraday had know that electrons
(nuclei)
jump off from the end of the open circuit.

Yes, arcing is a common occurrence. Unfortunately, nowadays it is useless
(and illegal) for RF communications. BTW, nuclei is plural for nucleus and
there are no electrons in the nucleus.

In Faraday time no nucleus. Now the Faradays nuclei have name electrons.
Maxwell name is "electric particles".
All of them are in space. The last names are "Dirac electron sea" and the
"rare plasma".
S*

All of this is pure, babbling, nonsense.

Old July 11th 12, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

"Rob" napisa? w wiadomo?ci
Szczepan Bialek wrote:
In Faraday time no nucleus. Now the Faradays nuclei have name electrons.
Maxwell name is "electric particles".
All of them are in space. The last names are "Dirac electron sea" and the
"rare plasma".
S*

And today we have the Higgs bosons. How do they fit in?

The whole knowledge on waves are now the top secret.

Yeah, to you and to you alone.

All the rest of us know what is going on.

snip babbling nonsense

Old July 11th 12, 07:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message
Szczepan Bialek wrote:

But you can order in NASA proper insulator.

NASA is not a store and you can not order anything from NASA, you
babbling,
ignorant, ineducable, idiot.

Hello chaps.
Szczepan thinks that "NASA" is a store, like Radio Shack. He may be the sort
of person who thinks that the Bank Of England is an ordinary commercial bank
(I get spam purporting to be from the Bank Of England and asking me to
verify my account).
I also suspect that Szczepan is happy to sit at a keyboard, type some
nonsense and watch how we respond.
I'll happily help anyone who is willing to listen/read and learn but
Szczepan clearly is not capable of, or does not wish to learn. I could also
take his odd views as being indicative of someone "not quite with it". There
are other things which can be inferred ... but not on a public newsgroup.

73, Ian.

Old July 11th 12, 07:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In message ,
writes
Szczepan Bialek wrote:

Simply same of you do not know that "dipole" is a radiator and counterpoise.

A dipole does NOT have a counterpoise.

As I keep saying, I'm convinced that Szczepan is thinking of a situation
where a dipole fed directly with coax. He may have seen diagrams which
show this, and they have become fixed in his mind.

Then, because the coax is (usually) grounded at the TX end, he believes
that the leg of the dipole, which is connected to the coax screen, is
also grounded - and therefore it serves the function of a counterpoise -
like you might use in a situation where the antenna is a directly-fed
end-fed wire situations, and it is not possible to get a good ground
connection.

In a way, Szczepan is sort of right. Consider the situation where a
dipole (no balun) is connected to the TX via essentially zero length
coax, and the TX chassis is not well grounded. [For example, possibly
there is a physical safety ground connection, but it is too long to be
effective at RF.] The 'ground' side of the of the dipole would indeed
function as a counterpoise, which might - or might not - radiate
effectively (depending on its height, its physical relationship relative
to the 'live' leg etc).

Now increase the length of the coax. At some stage, we would no longer
consider the 'ground' leg as a counterpoise, and think of it simply as
the other leg of the (directly connected) dipole.

However, while Szczepan may have a point if he is thinking of a
directly-connected dipole, he is obviously talking total nonsense if he
is referring to a dipole fed via a balun, or from a balanced tuner via
twin feeder. I fear that he is incapable of taking a rational, lateral
view of things, and therefore will continue to repeat his essentially
incorrect mantra.
--
Ian
Old July 11th 12, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 7/10/2012 4:27 PM, Ian wrote:
"Boomer" wrote in message
I looked at my antenna the other day while I was talking. I saw some

jumping off. Szczepan has been right all along. Or maybe it was bird do do
I saw falling. Anyway, something was coming down from my antenna.

Michael

Hello Michael.

The do do has been extinct for centuries. Have I misunderstood your email?

73, Ian.

There was a bird on my antenna wire. I think he may have crapped about
the time I was looking. It was either that or a huge bunch of electrons
all fell off at once.

Michael

Common Mode Choke ? Bob[_27_] Antenna 2 November 22nd 10 10:40 PM
Common Mode chokes John Ferrell[_2_] Antenna 11 October 20th 10 05:53 PM
Using Oscilloscope to Detect Common Mode Current dykesc Antenna 5 June 8th 09 04:47 PM
4:1 Current Balun Common Mode Impedance? Danny Richardson Antenna 28 November 29th 06 03:13 PM
Common-Mode Noise . . . RHF Shortwave 0 November 25th 05 08:40 PM