Old July 11th 12, 06:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default common mode current

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

U?ytkownik "Ian" napisa? w wiadomo?ci
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
.. .

Your antennas are the diwire.
From the radiating wire the electrons jump off and penetrate into the
counterpoise wire.
It would be interesting to know if is any difference in behavior of the
different wires.
S*

Hello Szczepan.
"Diwire"? What's that?

In English the Ham dipole is the same as the two wires where one is
connected to the live conductor and the second to the bride.

There is no "Ham dipole", there are only dipoles.

There is no "live conductor" and there is no "bridge".

In Polish the Ham dipole consist of the radiator and counterpoise.

There is no "Ham dipole", there are only dipoles.

A dipole does not have a counterpoise.

So the correct name for such aerial is "diwire".

Pure babble.

"From the radiating wire the electrons jump off and penetrate into the
counterpoise wire."
Sounds like a rather short circuit. Not much chance of a QSO.

From Maxwell time all circuits are closed (displacemment current).
See at that: http://educypedia.karadimov.info/lib...entstehung.gif

This picture has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

The short circuit would be if the radiator and the counterpoise are close to
itself.

Pure babble.

They are in such cofiguration in the transmitting line.

Pure babble.

Have you QSO with the line alone?
S*

How many antennas have you built in your lifetime that you continue to argue
with and ignore people that have build hundreds of antennas?

Old July 11th 12, 08:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 7/11/2012 12:33 PM, wrote:
Szczepan Bialek wrote:

U?ytkownik "Ian" napisa? w wiadomo?ci
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
.. .

Your antennas are the diwire.
From the radiating wire the electrons jump off and penetrate into the
[...]

From Maxwell time all circuits are closed (displacemment current).
See at that:
http://educypedia.karadimov.info/lib...entstehung.gif

This picture has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

The short circuit would be if the radiator and the counterpoise are close to
itself.

Pure babble.

They are in such cofiguration in the transmitting line.

Pure babble.

Have you QSO with the line alone?
S*

How many antennas have you built in your lifetime that you continue to argue
with and ignore people that have build hundreds of antennas?

Hey it is not all babble. I had my bride hold one end of my dipole once
for a quick check of SWR. It sounds as if I would get out a lot better
if I had her up there holding one end all the time. The bad news is that
she said she was not going to help me any more with climbing trees and
fastening my antennas. She has done this for me for 50 years and now
suddenly she gets cold feet at going up in a little 90 foot fir tree.
What they say is true, "nothing good lasts forever".

She helps with antenna construction but will not climb a tree. I don't
know if this is legal grounds for divorce in Michigan. If it is, I could
show her the statute and ask her again about that 90 foot tree I want
her to climb. She started climbing trees for my antennas when she was 11
years old. How could she stop now????

Michael

Old July 11th 12, 09:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Boomer" wrote in message
Hey it is not all babble. I had my bride hold one end of my dipole once
for a quick check of SWR. It sounds as if I would get out a lot better if
I had her up there holding one end all the time. The bad news is that she
said she was not going to help me any more with climbing trees and
fastening my antennas. She has done this for me for 50 years and now
suddenly she gets cold feet at going up in a little 90 foot fir tree. What
they say is true, "nothing good lasts forever".

She helps with antenna construction but will not climb a tree. I don't
know if this is legal grounds for divorce in Michigan. If it is, I could
show her the statute and ask her again about that 90 foot tree I want her
to climb. She started climbing trees for my antennas when she was 11 years
old. How could she stop now????

Michael

Hello Michael. Over here, in the old country, we attach the wire to a
sapling and we wait. We're good at waiting. As the sapling grows we pay out
a little more wire. Eventually, we have our wire at the height we want.
Caution - if your bride offers to climb a tree for you, do not let her carry
anything heavy.
Stay away from the tree. Wear a hard hat. Tell her that your life insurance
does not pay out for injury or death due to falling objects (for falling
objects are due to gravity and that's an act of nature).

73, Ian.
ps. It has been unduly sunny over here to-day. The sun affects we Brits as
we don't see it very often. In fact, it's probably easier here in Britain to
see an electron shoot past than to see the sun.
73 agn.

Old July 11th 12, 09:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Boomer wrote:

Hey it is not all babble. I had my bride hold one end of my dipole once
for a quick check of SWR. It sounds as if I would get out a lot better
if I had her up there holding one end all the time. The bad news is that
she said she was not going to help me any more with climbing trees and
fastening my antennas. She has done this for me for 50 years and now
suddenly she gets cold feet at going up in a little 90 foot fir tree.
What they say is true, "nothing good lasts forever".

She helps with antenna construction but will not climb a tree. I don't
know if this is legal grounds for divorce in Michigan. If it is, I could
show her the statute and ask her again about that 90 foot tree I want
her to climb. She started climbing trees for my antennas when she was 11
years old. How could she stop now????

Michael

I think you should be grateful for the free ride you got and leave it at that.

Common Mode Choke ? Bob[_27_] Antenna 2 November 22nd 10 10:40 PM
Common Mode chokes John Ferrell[_2_] Antenna 11 October 20th 10 05:53 PM
Using Oscilloscope to Detect Common Mode Current dykesc Antenna 5 June 8th 09 04:47 PM
4:1 Current Balun Common Mode Impedance? Danny Richardson Antenna 28 November 29th 06 03:13 PM
Common-Mode Noise . . . RHF Shortwave 0 November 25th 05 08:40 PM