Old June 11th 04, 11:34 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Default HP 5061-1136 Return Loss Bridge ?

There's an HP 5061-1136 Return Loss Bridge 124? 10KHz-10MHz on ebay at
:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...spagename= ST
RK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
I can't find anything on it, anyone out there know about it? Strange
impedanace and not much range, possibly Telco spec?
tnx
--
73
Hank WD5JFR

Old June 12th 04, 12:16 AM
Bill Janssen

Henry Kolesnik wrote:

There's an HP 5061-1136 Return Loss Bridge 124? 10KHz-10MHz on ebay at
:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...spagename= ST
RK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
I can't find anything on it, anyone out there know about it? Strange
impedanace and not much range, possibly Telco spec?
tnx

The dual plug on the side and the empedance looks like typical telco
equipment

Bill K7NOM

Old June 12th 04, 05:46 PM
Tom Bruhns

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message m...
There's an HP 5061-1136 Return Loss Bridge 124? 10KHz-10MHz on ebay at
:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...spagename= ST
RK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
I can't find anything on it, anyone out there know about it? Strange
impedanace and not much range, possibly Telco spec?
tnx

As Bill noted, it's telco. Looks like something we used to make, or
at least supported at the end of its life. I suppose a 3-decade
frequency range isn't extreme, but I'll bet it's more (for the
achieved performance level) than most hams get in homebrew directional
couplers. ;-) It's possible I could find more info on it if you're
seriously interested.

Cheers,
Tom
Old June 12th 04, 07:50 PM
Bill Janssen

Tom Bruhns wrote:

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message m...

There's an HP 5061-1136 Return Loss Bridge 124? 10KHz-10MHz on ebay at
:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...spagename= ST
RK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
I can't find anything on it, anyone out there know about it? Strange
impedanace and not much range, possibly Telco spec?
tnx

As Bill noted, it's telco. Looks like something we used to make, or
at least supported at the end of its life. I suppose a 3-decade
frequency range isn't extreme, but I'll bet it's more (for the
achieved performance level) than most hams get in homebrew directional
couplers. ;-) It's possible I could find more info on it if you're
seriously interested.

Cheers,
Tom

The frequency range, the empedance and the plug, all point to use with
"L" carrier
analog multiplex. The 124 Ohm would be a balanced line and consist of a
shielded pair.
I don't know if 124 Ohm single conductor shielded cable was used

Bill K7NOM