Old April 27th 13, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default Anyone know where I can find plans for an artificial ground?

On 4/26/2013 2:59 AM, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
napisal w wiadomosci

Your dipole is not the dipole but the monopole with the one radial.

snip

He's baaaaack!

And he's still really wrong.

This should be fun!

tom
K0TAR
Old April 27th 13, 04:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Friday, April 26, 2013 12:38:06 PM UTC-5, Irv Finkleman wrote:
Beware of any inputs from this bialek guy! He appears to be either a troll

or

a blithering idiot. If you let him drag you into a discussion of his point

of view

he will lead you on endlessly and ignorantly!.

Irv VE6BP

It's good wholesome entertainment for the whole family.

Old April 27th 13, 05:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message

On Friday, April 26, 2013 12:38:06 PM UTC-5, Irv Finkleman wrote:
Beware of any inputs from this bialek guy! He appears to be either a
troll

or

a blithering idiot. If you let him drag you into a discussion of his point

of view

he will lead you on endlessly and ignorantly!.

Irv VE6BP

# It's good wholesome entertainment for the whole family.

Well, you must admit we could use something to jumpstart discussions on this
newsgroup.

Maybe SB can explain the difference between a monopole with a single
ungrounded radial, and a dipole.

Old April 27th 13, 05:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"W5DXP" napisal w wiadomosci
On Friday, April 26, 2013 10:52:18 AM UTC-5, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
The dipole with grounded one leg is quite different from the "symmetrical
dipole".

According to the official IEEE definition of a "dipole", it is any antenna
with approximately the same radiation pattern as a dipole.

Of course: "Dipoles have a radiation pattern, shaped like a toroid
(doughnut) symmetrical about the axis of the dipole. The radiation is
maximum at right angles to the dipole, dropping off to zero on the antenna's
axis. The theoretical maximum gain of a Hertzian dipole is 10 log 1.5 or
1.76 dBi. The maximum theoretical gain of a ?/2-dipole is 10 log 1.64 or
2.15 dBi."

The antenna like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Di..._in_meters.png

". However, coax is not symmetrical and thus not a balanced feeder. It is
unbalanced because the outer shield is connected to earth potential at the
other end. When a balanced antenna such as a dipole is fed with an
unbalanced feeder, common mode currents can cause the coax line to radiate
in addition to the antenna itself,[5] and the radiation pattern may be
asymmetrically distorted"

Such antenna is MECHANICALY symmetrical.
But electrically is rather like the Marconi monopole:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:A6-3EN.jpg

Remember: The grounded leg is the radial.
S*

Old April 27th 13, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:
Remember: The grounded leg is the radial.

You think that because one end of the coax has its shield grounded,
the other end has its shield at ground potential.
That is not true. At radio frequencies, there can be a potential
at one end of a conductor even when the other end is grounded.

It will result in a radiating outer conductor of the coax, but not
in a grounded leg of the dipole.

Old April 27th 13, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Yes -- I must admit now that I look forward to his
inputs which are amusing if nothing else.
Entertainment -- YES! Information -- NOT!.

Irv VE6BP

Old April 27th 13, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Rob" napisał w wiadomości
Szczepan Bialek wrote:
Remember: The grounded leg is the radial.

You think that because one end of the coax has its shield grounded,
the other end has its shield at ground potential.
That is not true. At radio frequencies, there can be a potential
at one end of a conductor even when the other end is grounded.

It will result in a radiating outer conductor of the coax, but not
in a grounded leg of the dipole.

"The radiation is
maximum at right angles to the dipole, dropping off to zero on the antenna's
axis."

Who of yours want to have the directional antenna?
S*

Old April 27th 13, 06:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Uzytkownik "Wayne" napisal w wiadomosci

wrote in message

On Friday, April 26, 2013 12:38:06 PM UTC-5, Irv Finkleman wrote:
Beware of any inputs from this bialek guy! He appears to be either a
troll

or

a blithering idiot. If you let him drag you into a discussion of his
point

of view

he will lead you on endlessly and ignorantly!.

Irv VE6BP

# It's good wholesome entertainment for the whole family.

Well, you must admit we could use something to jumpstart discussions on
this newsgroup.

Maybe SB can explain the difference between a monopole with a single
ungrounded radial, and a dipole.

Each radial, grounded or not (but connected to the shield of the coax), is
the ground.
The Earth, the Moon, a satelite and each piece of conductor is ground for
antennas. Radial is one of them.
Ground must be adequate to kW.

Monopole is not directional.
Dipole is directional.
S*

Old April 27th 13, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Irv Finkleman" napisał w wiadomości
Yes -- I must admit now that I look forward to his
inputs which are amusing if nothing else.
Entertainment -- YES! Information -- NOT!.

Your opinion is about Wiki: My inputs are From:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dipole_antenna
S*

Old April 27th 13, 07:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:
Each radial, grounded or not (but connected to the shield of the coax), is
the ground.

Wrong.

Anyone know where I can find plans for an artificial ground? W5DXP Antenna 1 April 18th 13 11:06 PM
FA: MFJ-931 1.8-30 MHz HF Artificial Ground Larry Wilson Swap 5 January 7th 06 02:26 AM
FS: New MFJ - 931 Artificial Ground K8drn Swap 0 April 19th 04 06:24 AM
FS: MFJ artificial ground K8drn Swap 0 April 3rd 04 09:12 AM
artificial ground Joseph Fenn Antenna 2 March 29th 04 01:23 AM