Old June 21st 04, 03:30 AM
g g

Default what kind of coax do i need for 800mhz

i need to know witch brand is best. i no beldon is one of them. also i
would like to build a small 800mhz.yagi or quad ant for the trunked
system 73s

Old June 21st 04, 09:16 AM
Bob Bob

A very loaded question..

Best in what way?

Loss is usually a function of diameter, frequency and dialectric.. and
of course the loss is a linear function with cable length... If that is
what you are after then you have to work out how much you can afford to
lose vs the cost of getting more expensive cable and connectors. Between
"good" brands you will find that there isnt much difference in loss...
The "bad" ones (often cheap) will have a centre conductor that wanders
and imperfect shield weaving.

Quality as in how long it will last in the sun?

In our commercial installs we use Andrew and Belden. Note that I am
talking about coax that is rarely less than 1/2" in diameter. Beyond
water ingress from badly terminated connectors and direct lightening
strikes we are more than happy with them.

Mr Cebik has a goodly array of antenna designs.
(http://www.cebik.com/radio.html) No doubt you could scale a 900Mhz one
or make something a little wide band like an LPDA or corner reflector.
Google also returns a plethora of make yourself 900MHz antennas.

Cheers Bob VK2YQA

g g wrote:
i need to know witch brand is best. i no beldon is one of them. also i
would like to build a small 800mhz.yagi or quad ant for the trunked
system 73s

Coax choke, losses and ferrite Crazy George Antenna 0 April 4th 04 01:50 PM
Coax length - important ? Keven Matthews Antenna 44 January 10th 04 11:48 AM
Burying Coax yea right Antenna 23 October 26th 03 08:12 AM
Length of Coax Affecting Incident Power to Meter? Dr. Slick Antenna 140 August 18th 03 08:17 PM