Old November 5th 14, 03:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Write Off

On 11/4/2014 9:38 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 11/4/2014 8:01 PM, rickman wrote:
I think this group can be written off as too low a signal to noise
ratio. One guy posts some drivel and a bunch of lamers start pounding
on him about it. The funny thing is they guy is posting just so he can
argue with the lamers.

Everyone can see what is going on, but this is what passes for fun in
r.r.a.a.

I agree with Brian. If people would stop encouraging (replying to) him,
the S/N ratio would significantly decrease.

Unfortunately, there are a few who want to encourage him. I don't mind
if people talk *about* him - but people should stop responding to him.

Yeah, but those people like the drama as much as Gareth.

I guess this group is just done for.

--

Rick
Old November 5th 14, 04:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 11/4/2014 10:41 PM, rickman wrote:
On 11/4/2014 9:38 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 11/4/2014 8:01 PM, rickman wrote:
I think this group can be written off as too low a signal to noise
ratio. One guy posts some drivel and a bunch of lamers start pounding
on him about it. The funny thing is they guy is posting just so he can
argue with the lamers.

Everyone can see what is going on, but this is what passes for fun in
r.r.a.a.

I agree with Brian. If people would stop encouraging (replying to) him,
the S/N ratio would significantly decrease.

Unfortunately, there are a few who want to encourage him. I don't mind
if people talk *about* him - but people should stop responding to him.

Yeah, but those people like the drama as much as Gareth.

I guess this group is just done for.

I wouldn't say so so quickly; just get people to stop responding to Big G.

BTW - please let me know when the ukram vote comes up. I'm through with
the know-it-alls in uknnc.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================
Old November 5th 14, 09:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
I've seen this happen in normally unmoderated groups. Troll posts
disruptive post, group owner gets complaints, puts troll
on moderation list, troll is starved of attention, group recovers calm.
True, troll is seething and ranting but no one cares. His anger becomes
his
own padded cell, with him bouncing around in it.
Ignoring the troll has the same impact, as we've seen in uk.r.a, not to
mention the impact of my ignoring Evans for extended periods.

There has been no impact, for I continue to chastise you for being the
unruly and disruptive attention seeker that you have always presented as.

Old November 5th 14, 09:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Brian Reay" wrote in message

rude drivel snipped

Old November 5th 14, 02:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 11/5/2014 3:04 AM, Brian Reay wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:

I guess this group is just done for.

I wouldn't say so so quickly; just get people to stop responding to Big G.

I've seen this happen in normally unmoderated groups. Troll posts
disruptive post, group owner gets complaints, puts troll
on moderation list, troll is starved of attention, group recovers calm.
True, troll is seething and ranting but no one cares. His anger becomes his
own padded cell, with him bouncing around in it.

But unmoderated groups have now "owner" and no "moderation lists", so it
won't work here.

Ignoring the troll has the same impact, as we've seen in uk.r.a, not to
mention the impact of my ignoring Evans for extended periods.

Yes, if only everyone would ignore him.

--
Extend Sarah's Law, make sex offenders. wear. signs 24/7.

BTW - your sig separator is broken. It should be
hyphen-hyphen-space-newline. You're missing the space.

--
==================

Old November 5th 14, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Brian Reay wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:

I guess this group is just done for.

I wouldn't say so so quickly; just get people to stop responding to Big G.

I've seen this happen in normally unmoderated groups. Troll posts
disruptive post, group owner gets complaints, puts troll
on moderation list, troll is starved of attention, group recovers calm.
True, troll is seething and ranting but no one cares. His anger becomes his
own padded cell, with him bouncing around in it.

Ignoring the troll has the same impact, as we've seen in uk.r.a, not to
mention the impact of my ignoring Evans for extended periods.

I'm not so sure he is a troll but rather has mental health issues.

I've seen similar behaviour from those in the early stages of Alzheimer's
and if that is the issue, he won't be around for much longer.

Or he could just be an ordinary nutter.

--
Jim Pennino
Old November 5th 14, 07:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message
As the above is just guesswork and there is no official diagnosis, at
this point we can concider him to be just a pain in the butt crank.
Perhaps if enough people pour onto him, he will take advantage of that
free health care in the UK and get himself checked out.

The advanced EM texts all describe the mechanism by which short
antennae are poor radiators.

How the once-technical Yankland descends into the abyss of
rednecked abusive ignorance!

Perhaps those legislators who tried to pass a law defining PI as
3 are now the cadre of those holding Ham licences in Yankland?

Old November 8th 14, 04:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

gareth wrote:
wrote in message
As the above is just guesswork and there is no official diagnosis, at
this point we can concider him to be just a pain in the butt crank.
Perhaps if enough people pour onto him, he will take advantage of that
free health care in the UK and get himself checked out.

The advanced EM texts all describe the mechanism by which short
antennae are poor radiators.

How the once-technical Yankland descends into the abyss of
rednecked abusive ignorance!

Perhaps those legislators who tried to pass a law defining PI as
3 are now the cadre of those holding Ham licences in Yankland?

And yet again the gas bag of gas bags posts pure nonsense.

The tale of a legislature trying to pass a law to make pi 3 was
an April Fool's parody in 1998.

http://www.snopes.com/religion/pi.asp

It is not surprising the gas bag believes April Fool's parodies, old
wive's tales, urban legands, and other such nonsense.

--
Jim Pennino

[tapr-announce] write now Stan Horzepa Digital 0 July 7th 09 04:59 AM
Somebody should write to the Delano tx... running dogg Shortwave 4 February 14th 06 05:08 PM
Write your own caption! David Shortwave 7 May 10th 05 03:40 AM
Did Geo write this? U Know Who CB 0 December 24th 04 02:04 AM
Would you like to write about your hobby for one of the UK's top websites? Steve Roche General 0 February 13th 04 10:18 AM