Old February 13th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

Default Somebody should write to the Delano tx...

and tell them that their two transmissions of the BBC on 5975 and 5995
at 0300 UTC are somehow getting mixed together. Tonight they were about
equal strength on 5975-so much so that I finally gave up after trying
both LSB and USB. Normally I have to use SSB just to listen to BBC
English. This isn't my radio, or a vagary of the atmosphere-it's
occurring at the transmitter as far as I can tell. I don't have any way
to make a wav of the signal or else I'd write them myself. Maybe
somebody else could make a wav of this and email it to them?

Old February 13th 06, 12:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

running dogg wrote:
and tell them that their two transmissions of the BBC on 5975 and 5995
at 0300 UTC are somehow getting mixed together. Tonight they were about
equal strength on 5975-so much so that I finally gave up after trying
both LSB and USB. Normally I have to use SSB just to listen to BBC
English. This isn't my radio, or a vagary of the atmosphere-it's
occurring at the transmitter as far as I can tell. I don't have any way
to make a wav of the signal or else I'd write them myself. Maybe
somebody else could make a wav of this and email it to them?

- whats even better is Radio Netherlandsat 04:00 from The Antilles;
-

Old February 13th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Zenier

In article ,
running dogg wrote:
and tell them that their two transmissions of the BBC on 5975 and 5995
at 0300 UTC are somehow getting mixed together. Tonight they were about
equal strength on 5975-so much so that I finally gave up after trying
both LSB and USB. Normally I have to use SSB just to listen to BBC
English. This isn't my radio, or a vagary of the atmosphere-it's
occurring at the transmitter as far as I can tell. I don't have any way
to make a wav of the signal or else I'd write them myself. Maybe
somebody else could make a wav of this and email it to them?

Where are you? And what kind of radio? On Saturday (Sunday 03:00 UTC),
I didn't have any problems taping "From Our Own Correspondent", and "People
and Politics" in that hour. Clear and S9+10, up here in Seattle.

On the other hand, the Voice of Greece program at 06:00 on 9775(?) kHz
that I think comes from Delano was coming in under WWV at 10000 kHz
last night. But that was on my FR-200 bedside radio, so I figured that
it was just a strong signal on the VOG frequency overloading my $40 radio.

With things drying out after some really wet weather here on the West
Coast, it could be intermod from a natural diode formed from corrosion.
Either near your antenna, or maybe at the transmitter site somewhere.

Mark Zenier

Old February 14th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
running dogg

Mark Zenier wrote:

In article ,
running dogg wrote:
and tell them that their two transmissions of the BBC on 5975 and 5995
at 0300 UTC are somehow getting mixed together. Tonight they were about
equal strength on 5975-so much so that I finally gave up after trying
both LSB and USB. Normally I have to use SSB just to listen to BBC
English. This isn't my radio, or a vagary of the atmosphere-it's
occurring at the transmitter as far as I can tell. I don't have any way
to make a wav of the signal or else I'd write them myself. Maybe
somebody else could make a wav of this and email it to them?

Where are you? And what kind of radio? On Saturday (Sunday 03:00 UTC),
I didn't have any problems taping "From Our Own Correspondent", and "People
and Politics" in that hour. Clear and S9+10, up here in Seattle.

Sacramento, CA. Yaesu FRG-8800 with an indoor antenna (I recently moved
and haven't had time to string my outdoor antenna yet).

On the other hand, the Voice of Greece program at 06:00 on 9775(?) kHz
that I think comes from Delano was coming in under WWV at 10000 kHz
last night. But that was on my FR-200 bedside radio, so I figured that
it was just a strong signal on the VOG frequency overloading my $40 radio.

That's probably what it was.

With things drying out after some really wet weather here on the West
Coast, it could be intermod from a natural diode formed from corrosion.
Either near your antenna, or maybe at the transmitter site somewhere.

I haven't had an outdoor antenna, so it's not me.

Mark Zenier

Old February 14th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Zenier

In article ,
running dogg wrote:
Mark Zenier wrote:

In article ,
running dogg wrote:
[...]

Any two hunks of moldy rain gutter will do. Or, for my worst case, a
corroded connection for an FM antenna to a big hunk of 300 ohm twinlead.
Being in sight of three or four 50 kW AM transmitters, it put stuff all
over the bands for the whole house.

Mark Zenier