Old April 4th 15, 06:42 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default What's to talk about to make us proud to be associated with amateur radio?

"gareth" wrote:
Amateur radio is a whole-life pursuit

What does this even mean? Are you discriminating against those who come to
the hobby in later life?

with technical

What's the problem with someone taking out a foundation with the sole
intention of talking to their friends on the local repeater, never picking
up a soldering iron or looking at a circuit diagram? How does that person
enjoying amateur radio in the way that they want to effect anybody else?

and
gentlemanly traditions,

Could your many antics on Usenet over the last two decades be described as
"gentlemanly"? Or is "depraved" a better descriptor?

conducted by grown-ups.

What's wrong with young people taking up the hobby? Children are the
future, OM.

Discuss

Looks like you're in a bad mood, again.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old April 4th 15, 01:40 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wg6rL0n1yk

Old April 4th 15, 02:28 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 04/04/15 06:42, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
"gareth" wrote:
[...]

========================
Gareth´s perennial problem : Seeking attention ...attention ...attention
Don´t expect it will ever stop.

Frank , GM0CSZ
Old April 4th 15, 03:41 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"gareth" wrote:
[...]

....that is a pure dinger

Old April 4th 15, 04:47 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"gareth" wrote:
[...]

your name rings a bell? ......

Old April 6th 15, 01:20 AM
Senior Member

Hey, don't pick on Gareth, just because his shirt is white and yours isn't, isn't any reason to pick on the guy!
Gareth brings up some good points.
I can't help it if most of you don't have anything to discuss when he doesn't say anything.
I think he brings up some valid points.
If you choose not to do anything except jabber on some local repeater with your handheld and act like you know something over the internet, doesn't mean that you are any smarter or better than he is!

Maybe you people ought to pick up a soldering iron once in a while and do something more than nothing.
Take a old computer monitor apart, or a old television or build an antenna before you attack someone with your drivel.
__________________
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...
Old April 6th 15, 04:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mon, 6 Apr 2015 01:20:29 +0100, Channel Jumper
wrote:

Hey, don't pick on Gareth, just because his shirt is white and yours
isn't, isn't any reason to pick on the guy!
Gareth brings up some good points.

The problem with him is that his points very rarely have anything to do with
antennas in the antenna group. Everyone should just kill file or filter out his
posts. I did that long ago, but others who are gluttons for punishment and
continue to reply to his worthless off topic rants give him a means of coming in
the back door so to speak. He can not stay on topic and doesn't shut up until he
has the last word.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE KILL FILE HIM IN rec.radio.amateur.antenna or simply
ignore his diatribes and don't reply.
Old April 6th 15, 10:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Stephen Hargraves" wrote in message

The problem with him is that his points very rarely have anything to do
with
antennas in the antenna group.

That's because they are about antennAE.

Everyone should just kill file or filter out his
posts. I did that long ago, but others who are gluttons for punishment and
continue to reply

Your complaint, in this instance, would seem to be against the
malicious soul who cross-posted to this NG.

to his worthless off topic rants

Seeming as you do not understand the points that interest me from a
technical
viewpoint, and your diatribe is against my proposal that a discussion about
the
technical aspects of amateur radio would be apposite, would it
be fair to assume that you are a CBer-masquerading-as-a-radio-amateur?

He can not stay on topic

I think that your complaint is not with me, but with the Mongolian Hordes
of escapees from the kindergarten school's playground who insist on
dragging down all discussions to the level of 5-year-olds (in this case,
YOU)?

and doesn't shut up until he
has the last word.

Untrue.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE KILL FILE HIM IN rec.radio.amateur.antenna or
simply
ignore his diatribes and don't reply.

You poor soul, if, indeed, you are who you say you are, because there are no
other
posts to Usenet from you, making it seem that you, like many others, are a
coward
hiding behind an invented sock-puppet in order to vent your (infantile?)
spleen.

Now, so that I do not have the last word, as you claim, what is your
objection
to a discussion to foment the technical and gentlemanly traditions of
amateur radio?

Old April 6th 15, 02:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

Hey, don't pick on Gareth, just because his shirt is white and yours
isn't, isn't any reason to pick on the guy!
Gareth brings up some good points.

The problem with him is that his points very rarely have anything to do with
antennas in the antenna group. Everyone should just kill file or filter out his
posts. I did that long ago, but others who are gluttons for punishment and
continue to reply to his worthless off topic rants give him a means of coming in
the back door so to speak. He can not stay on topic and doesn't shut up until he
has the last word.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE KILL FILE HIM IN rec.radio.amateur.antenna or simply
ignore his diatribes and don't reply.

Stephen,

Don't bother with Channel Jumper. He's just another rabble rouser, like
Gareth. He thinks he knows a lot - but really knows very little.

But Gareth has one thing on Channel Jumper - Gareth isn't afraid to use
his real name. Channel Jumper probably isn't even a ham.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address