Old August 17th 04, 03:54 AM
Cecil Moore

J. McLaughlin wrote:
... and I can remember when a coke went from a nickel to a dime. Tasted
better then too. 73 Mac N8TT

Remember this jingle?

"Pepsi Cola hits the spot,
12 full ounces, that's a lot,
twice as much for a nickel, too,
Pepsi Cola is the drink for you."

Old August 17th 04, 08:25 PM
Butch

I remember too Mac, and they did taste better!

Butch KF5DE

--
J. Mc Laughlin - Michigan USA
Home:

"Tim Perry" wrote in message

"J. McLaughlin" wrote in message

Looks as if the 100000watts site charges a fee. 73 Mac N8TT

it used to be free... ah well a Coke used to be a dime

Old August 18th 04, 12:52 AM
J. McLaughlin

Dear Butch and Cecil;
It is good to get confirmation of such events from long ago.
Somehow, I also associate the year that it happened as being the year
when a postal card went from one cent to two cents. The new postal card
had a red square "stamp."
Anyone remember what year that would have been?
Oh. Even then, I was keen on antennas and radio. 73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin - Michigan USA
Home:

Old August 18th 04, 01:13 AM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:52:09 -0400, "J. McLaughlin"
wrote:

Anyone remember what year that would have been?

The year Ben Franklin was postmaster?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old August 18th 04, 03:13 AM
J. McLaughlin

Possibly.
However, it seems that from about 1873 'till January 1, 1952 the rate
was one cent. 73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin - Michigan USA
Home:

Old August 18th 04, 07:57 AM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:13:18 -0400, "J. McLaughlin"
wrote:

Possibly.
However, it seems that from about 1873 'till January 1, 1952 the rate
was one cent. 73 Mac N8TT

Hi Mac,

It must've been quite an expense initially, later a bargain.

Let's see, all within reach I have some QSL cards from the mid 60's.
One from WLW at 4 cents, WCBS for a nickel, One from K7UGA also a
nickel and one from K4LIB, one from CBC for 3 cents Canadian, and a
post card with several cancellations marked Hamburg, Innsbruck, and
New York for One Cent (cancellations 1887) with an extra One Cent
stamp (for international?).

K7UGA would be livid with the crop of candy-ass, pansy republicans
that inhabit the hill these days.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old August 18th 04, 03:28 PM
Karl Beckman

I recall that postcards had "just gone up" to 2 cents when I started
kindegarten in 1954. Same time frame that Ohio started their temporary
sales tax of 1%, which is up to 8% now but still "temporary."

--
Karl Beckman, P.E.
Motorola CGISS

"Quality is never an accident, it is always the result of high
intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful
execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives"

Old August 18th 04, 05:02 PM
drwxr-xr-x

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:57:50 GMT, Richard Clark hath writ:

K7UGA would be livid with the crop of candy-ass, pansy republicans
that inhabit the hill these days.

It'll be enough that the voters that will
show up at the polls in November are livid.

Old August 20th 04, 11:37 PM
Tim Perry

http://www.radio-locator.com/

Old August 23rd 04, 05:20 PM
Fred Hambrecht Sr - Gilbert News

Worked Berry Goldwater and Art Collins aboard Arts boat the SUNDANCE in the
60's while operating maritime mobile in the Pacific.

They said if I voted for Goldwater there would be 100,000 troops in Viet
Nam. I did and sure enough there were.

news