Old August 23rd 04, 05:56 PM
Richard Clark

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:20:37 -0400, "Fred Hambrecht Sr - Gilbert News"
wrote:

They said if I voted for Goldwater there would be 100,000 troops in Viet
Nam. I did and sure enough there were.

Hi Fred,

****ed me off too. Now the situation is reversed. Too much ego and
not enough go from the republiwhiners. Barry had the courage of his
convictions - the current crop of effete mama's boys don't compare.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old August 26th 04, 04:30 AM
CW

Temperary tax means "we'll stop collecting it when the world comes to an
end".

"Karl Beckman" wrote in message
I recall that postcards had "just gone up" to 2 cents when I started
kindegarten in 1954. Same time frame that Ohio started their temporary
sales tax of 1%, which is up to 8% now but still "temporary."

--
Karl Beckman, P.E.
Motorola CGISS

"Quality is never an accident, it is always the result of high
intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful
execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives"

"J. McLaughlin" wrote in message
Dear Butch and Cecil;
It is good to get confirmation of such events from long ago.
Somehow, I also associate the year that it happened as being the year
when a postal card went from one cent to two cents. The new postal card
had a red square "stamp."
Anyone remember what year that would have been?
Oh. Even then, I was keen on antennas and radio. 73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin - Michigan USA
Home:
"Butch" wrote in message
I remember too Mac, and they did taste better!

Butch KF5DE

J. McLaughlin wrote:

... and I can remember when a coke went from a nickel to a dime.

Tasted
better then too. 73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin - Michigan USA