Old August 21st 04, 04:16 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

Default More W8JI "wisdom"

On TopBand reflector the "guru" proclaimed:

"The only thing that prevents people from shooting themselves
in the foot with the wire below the Beverage is the wire
couples to the lossy media below it so well it becomes very
lossy, and of course that means it doesn't help with
stability or termination."

So if you want wire to be lossy, jus' lay it on the ground! :-)
.... and the "worshipers" nodded in amazement

Believing W8JI claims can be hazardous to your radios. :-)

Yuri da BUm

Old August 21st 04, 04:49 PM
drwxr-xr-x

On 21 Aug 2004 15:16:49 GMT, self-important Yuri Blanarovich
failed a maturity test:

On TopBand reflector the "guru" proclaimed:

*plonk*
Old August 21st 04, 06:50 PM
dtdonaly

If you take issue with something Tom wrote, why not
just deal with him direct?
73,
Tom Donaly KA6RUH

Old August 21st 04, 07:20 PM
Uncle Peter

"dtdonaly" wrote in message
If you take issue with something Tom wrote, why not
just deal with him direct?
73,
Tom Donaly KA6RUH

Or, open it for discussion in that forum?

Pete

Old August 21st 04, 11:03 PM
Peter Parker

" Uncle Peter" wrote in message

"dtdonaly" wrote in message
If you take issue with something Tom wrote, why not
just deal with him direct?
73,
Tom Donaly KA6RUH

Tom must be doing something right - he's the only US station I've ever
worked on 160m (with 5 watts QRP & a very modest end-fed wire by the way).

73, Peter VK3YE http://www.qsl.net/vk3ye

Old August 22nd 04, 04:03 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

If you take issue with something Tom wrote, why not
just deal with him direct?
73,
Tom Donaly KA6RUH

I had my share of dealing with Tom direct and pointing out wrong information
that he was spreading on the waves of Internet. For that I was attacked by him
and called "pathological scientist" rather than engaging in reasoning and
discussions. When I tried to defend the truth and reality on the reflectors, I
would be unsubscribed by Herr Administrator and Tom was given last word,
"proving" he is "right". To those reflectors I never came back and one of them
is TopBand. This is #7 gross misstatement from Tom that I am pointing out. I
mentioned it here for the benefit of those who care. If anyone wants to worship
W8JI and his "pontifical" statements that are sometimes wrong, be my guest.

Tom must be doing something right - he's the only US station I've ever
worked on 160m (with 5 watts QRP & a very modest end-fed wire by the way).

73, Peter VK3YE http://www.qsl.net/vk3ye

...and that proves that everything Tom says is right?

People can be wrong, and usually appreciate if they are corrected or shown
better way. W8JI seems to be "absolutely right" even when he is wrong. He would
first ridicule the one who tries to correct his misconceptions. Then if
argument ensues and he realizes and is convinced that he was wrong, he would
not admit it, but goes quiet for a while and later emerges as a "guru" on the
subject pretending it was all his invention. He is doing some things right, but
he has this attitude that does not reflect well on hams and it is not manly to
attack someone for bringing up correction, and then making it his own
"invention", not giving credit where is due. That is called plagiarism.
So, I brought this up for those who care about reality, and I am taking
advantage for ability to post here, where reflector Gestapo will not silence
me. Tom is hanging around reflectors where he is protected by administrators,
when he encounters knowledgeable opposition to some of his fallacies, he can't
take the heat, will not admit being wrong and goes and thrives behind reflector
Gestapo. I am not looking for fights, I am trying to point out when I see
something posted publicly wrong.

If anyone cares to discuss the subject, or explain how the conductor laid on
the ground can lose its conductivity, bring it on. I can't figure out how this
could happen and I would enjoy being enlightened.

73 Yuri, K3BU.us

Old August 22nd 04, 04:26 PM

Yuri Blanarovich wrote:

People can be wrong, and usually appreciate if they are corrected or shown better way.

Are you the same Yuri Blanarovich that cheated a lot of people,
including me, out of issues of "RadioSporting" Magazine a number of
years ago? Seem's you need to be shown the better way.

Henry WA0GOZ
Old August 22nd 04, 05:38 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

Are you the same Yuri Blanarovich that cheated a lot of people,
including me, out of issues of "RadioSporting" Magazine a number of
years ago? Seem's you need to be shown the better way.

Henry WA0GOZ

Henry,
I would be very careful who are you calling cheater!
According to my records, WA0GOZ, you were sent few free issues in the
beginning, never subscribed, never paid the dime.
Can you send me label from your last issue and how much do I owe you? Now I can
refund anyone requesting so.
Interesting that most noise about Radiosporting is made by people who didn't
subscribe but are somehow "cheated".

For your information, I "invested" over $70,000 of my money and sleepless
nights into publishing magazine that would serve DXers and contesters. When due
to financial, family and health reasons I could not do so anymore, no one came
forward offering help, NCJ went in competition to "bury" me rather than
cooperate, I am glad to be still around and not joining likes of late W4AN.
Just read the crap on eHam.net when W4AN was in bind, requested some help and
bunch of whiny cheap hamsters drove him off, rather then contributing and
helping someone who was so dedicated to our beloved hobby. There are quite a
few sickos around and they project themselves with their postings.

73 Yuri
Old August 22nd 04, 06:53 PM

Yuri Blanarovich wrote:

Are you the same Yuri Blanarovich that cheated a lot of people,
including me, out of issues of "RadioSporting" Magazine a number of
years ago? Seem's you need to be shown the better way.

Henry WA0GOZ

Henry,
I would be very careful who are you calling cheater!
According to my records, WA0GOZ, you were sent few free issues in the
beginning, never subscribed, never paid the dime.

That's not true. I paid for everything, but didn't get all I paid for.

Can you send me label from your last issue and how much do I owe you?

No I can't. I junked the copies I had.

Interesting that most noise about Radiosporting is made by people who didn't subscribe but are somehow "cheated".

I wasn't one of them if you want people on this NG to believe that. I
did subscribe.

Henry WA0GOZ