Old June 8th 16, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

Default Talking of plurals

On Wed, 08 Jun 2016 09:56:16 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Wed, 08 Jun 2016 07:57:23 -0500, legg wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2016 09:05:52 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:
Well, that didn't work. I wrote a script for Forte Agent that
automatically deleted anything cross posted to BOTH
rec.radio.amateur.antenna and uk.radio.amateur. It has worked quite
well until today, where Gareth is now posting only to
rec.radio.amateur.antenna with his crusade against plurality.

I think the easiest fix would be for Gareth to include
uk.radio.amateur, so that his fan club in the UK could properly enjoy
his discourse and so that I don't see any of it.

[uk.radio.amateur added to the Newsgroups list]

You can filter by author, in one group or globally, using Forte Agent.
RL

Done. You're now added to my filter list.

Filtering Gareth might have been more to the point, but suit yourself.

There's also an Agent group that is sometimes useful.

a.u.o.forte-agent

RL
Old June 9th 16, 03:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

wrote:
Well, that didn't work. I wrote a script for Forte Agent that
automatically deleted anything cross posted to BOTH
rec.radio.amateur.antenna and uk.radio.amateur. It has worked quite
well until today, where Gareth is now posting only to
rec.radio.amateur.antenna with his crusade against plurality.

I think the easiest fix would be for Gareth to include
uk.radio.amateur, so that his fan club in the UK could properly enjoy
his discourse and so that I don't see any of it.

[uk.radio.amateur added to the Newsgroups list]

You can filter by author, in one group or globally, using Forte Agent.
RL

Done. You're now added to my filter list.

Filtering Gareth might have been more to the point, but suit yourself.

Sorry. That was the best I could do for humor at the time. The
ambiguity was just too tempting to resist.

There's also an Agent group that is sometimes useful.
a.u.o.forte-agent

Yep. I've been using Forte Agent for a long time. Along the way,
I've become rather familiar with its filter rules and using regex to
build complex rules. In this case, simply filtering Gareth would not
have been sufficient. I wanted to not see anything that is from
Gareth *AND* is cross posted to both rec.radio.amateur.antenna and
uk.radio.amateur. If the thread originates with Gareth, I mark the
entire thread as read or deleted. There are occasional cross postings
to both groups worth reading, but only if they do not include Gareth
as the originator. That worked until Gareth chose to post only to
rec.radio.amateur.antenna. So, now I have a separate rule for each
group, which takes care of the problem.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old June 9th 16, 11:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

How strange because Liebermann has long been in my KF because of
his habit of resorting to abusive remarks.

One would have thought that someone such as he claims that he is would
be interested in scientific discussion, but there we go.

"legg" wrote in message

wrote:
Well, that didn't work. I wrote a script for Forte Agent that
automatically deleted anything cross posted to BOTH
rec.radio.amateur.antenna and uk.radio.amateur. It has worked quite
well until today, where Gareth is now posting only to
rec.radio.amateur.antenna with his crusade against plurality.

I think the easiest fix would be for Gareth to include
uk.radio.amateur, so that his fan club in the UK could properly enjoy
his discourse and so that I don't see any of it.

[uk.radio.amateur added to the Newsgroups list]

You can filter by author, in one group or globally, using Forte Agent.
RL

Done. You're now added to my filter list.

Filtering Gareth might have been more to the point, but suit yourself.

Sorry. That was the best I could do for humor at the time. The
ambiguity was just too tempting to resist.

S'allright. Humour often goes astray, in print. All the more reason to
use a 30day filter, when annoyed. Also an Agent feature. Often
outlasts the source author's attention span, or the life of a
'popnews' topic.

There's also an Agent group that is sometimes useful.
a.u.o.forte-agent

Yep. I've been using Forte Agent for a long time. Along the way,
I've become rather familiar with its filter rules and using regex to
build complex rules. In this case, simply filtering Gareth would not
have been sufficient. I wanted to not see anything that is from
Gareth *AND* is cross posted to both rec.radio.amateur.antenna and
uk.radio.amateur. If the thread originates with Gareth, I mark the
entire thread as read or deleted. There are occasional cross postings
to both groups worth reading, but only if they do not include Gareth
as the originator. That worked until Gareth chose to post only to
rec.radio.amateur.antenna. So, now I have a separate rule for each
group, which takes care of the problem.

Some respondents, acting in good faith, may post useful stuff, so I
stick to source-only.

RL

Old June 9th 16, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

wrote:
Sorry. That was the best I could do for humor at the time. The
ambiguity was just too tempting to resist.

S'allright. Humour often goes astray, in print.

Unfortunately, my miserable attempt at humor had a physiological
reason. I'm currently having problems with some new heart medicines.
The end result is a rather drastic drop in blood pressure. When this
happens, I tend to be sleepy, slow, and not very clear thinking. I
try delay my postings, and check them about 30 minutes after writing,
when the problems usually become obvious. I missed this time and just
clicked "send".

All the more reason to
use a 30day filter, when annoyed. Also an Agent feature. Often
outlasts the source author's attention span, or the life of a
'popnews' topic.

Hmmm... I just noticed that I have everything in
rec.radio.amateur.antenna back to July 2012 (7442 articles). Maybe I
should do some housekeeping. I think that was when I wiped out my
entire Usenet news store because the database was fatally corrupted by
a failing disk drive. I dunno about the 30 day filter. There are
articles that I mark as "Keep Message" that I save and later archive.

Some respondents, acting in good faith, may post useful stuff, so I
stick to source-only.

I've noticed that specific individuals tend to post useful and
interesting stuff mostly within their areas of expertise. Over the
years, I've identified many of these people. Even if the original
posting was something of little interest, I tend to read the followups
authored by people that tend to have something worth reading. I
sometimes soft the messages by author, to make that easier.

Old June 10th 16, 12:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

wrote:
Sorry. That was the best I could do for humor at the time. The
ambiguity was just too tempting to resist.

S'allright. Humour often goes astray, in print.

Unfortunately, my miserable attempt at humor had a physiological
reason. I'm currently having problems with some new heart medicines.
The end result is a rather drastic drop in blood pressure. When this
happens, I tend to be sleepy, slow, and not very clear thinking. I
try delay my postings, and check them about 30 minutes after writing,
when the problems usually become obvious. I missed this time and just
clicked "send".

We all have to watch it, there's some pretty provoking stuff out
there. Old xkcd.com had our hero 'fixing' the internet........

[...]

Must end up being an 'interesting' filtering script. Way outside my
pay grade.

RL

LOOK!!!! MR. evil talking to himself MR. evil is AKC property!! CB 0 March 17th 08 12:05 AM
Talking about Nam download.com Shortwave 0 February 19th 07 07:52 AM
Now your talking 5th edition Zach K7LTF Swap 0 December 13th 04 05:07 AM
Now your are talking Jennie Shortwave 0 October 25th 04 02:27 AM
R U talking? Scott Unit 69 CB 2 August 7th 03 09:21 PM