Old May 22nd 16, 11:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Talking of plurals

Talking of correct plurals, but the collective name for a group
of grown-ups holding only the Fools' Licence that is targetted
at 5-year-olds is a thicket.

Old May 22nd 16, 02:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 22 May 2016 11:59:54 +0100, gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339 wrote:
Talking of correct plurals, but the collective name for a group
of grown-ups holding only the Fools' Licence that is targetted
at 5-year-olds is a thicket.

Please,folks! Stop feeding this troll.
Old May 22nd 16, 04:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Allodoxaphobia" wrote in message
t...

Please,folks! Stop feeding this troll.

At least you are honest about being a troll.

Old May 22nd 16, 05:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

wrote:

Talking of correct plurals, but the collective name for a group
of grown-ups holding only the Fools' Licence that is targetted
at 5-year-olds is a thicket.

Well, that didn't work. I wrote a script for Forte Agent that
automatically deleted anything cross posted to BOTH
rec.radio.amateur.antenna and uk.radio.amateur. It has worked quite
well until today, where Gareth is now posting only to
rec.radio.amateur.antenna with his crusade against plurality.

I think the easiest fix would be for Gareth to include
uk.radio.amateur, so that his fan club in the UK could properly enjoy
his discourse and so that I don't see any of it.

[uk.radio.amateur added to the Newsgroups list]

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old May 22nd 16, 05:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

********, mate. You can keep him!

--
STC / M0TEY /
http://twitter.com/ukradioamateur

Old May 22nd 16, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"gareth G4SDW GQRP #3339" wrote in message
Talking of correct plurals, but the collective name for a group
of grown-ups holding only the Fools' Licence that is targetted
at 5-year-olds is a thicket.

And, because of their lamentable lack of education, as evidenced
by their incorrect plural for, "antenna", an, "Ignoramus of Yank Radio
Hams"?

Old May 22nd 16, 08:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In article ,
Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Well, that didn't work. I wrote a script for Forte Agent that
automatically deleted anything cross posted to BOTH
rec.radio.amateur.antenna and uk.radio.amateur. It has worked quite
well until today, where Gareth is now posting only to
rec.radio.amateur.antenna with his crusade against plurality.

I think the easiest fix would be for Gareth to include
uk.radio.amateur, so that his fan club in the UK could properly enjoy
his discourse and so that I don't see any of it.

I don't know what you can do with Forte Agent, but with MT-NewsWatcher
you can create any number of filters. In addition to one removing items
posted to uk.radio.amateur (unfortunately mine kept me from seeing
Jeff's post until Stephen quoted it in another post going only to rraa)
you can create a filter sending things posted by a particular individual
to /dev/null, but that's dangerous because sometimes such people post
worthwhile things. Until now my anti-uk.radio.amateur filter has done
the job, since most puerile arguments pretending to be about antennas
(which is how we pluralize, not pluralise, it over here both in Canada
and the US, and if you don't like it that's just too damned bad) seemed
to get posted to uk.radio.amateur as well.

David, VE7EZM and AF7BZ -- first licensed (not licenced!) with 13 wpm
code test as W8EZE 1949, old-fashioned US Extra Class with 20 wpm code
test 1955, Mathematics Ph.D. from The Ohio State University 1961

--
David Ryeburn

To send e-mail, change "netz" to "net"
Old May 22nd 16, 11:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"David Ryeburn" wrote in message
... antennas
(which is how we pluralize, not pluralise, it over here both in Canada
and the US, and if you don't like it that's just too damned bad)

That is the way of the redneck - to resort to rudeness when challenged

Old June 8th 16, 01:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

wrote:

Talking of correct plurals, but the collective name for a group
of grown-ups holding only the Fools' Licence that is targetted
at 5-year-olds is a thicket.

Well, that didn't work. I wrote a script for Forte Agent that
automatically deleted anything cross posted to BOTH
rec.radio.amateur.antenna and uk.radio.amateur. It has worked quite
well until today, where Gareth is now posting only to
rec.radio.amateur.antenna with his crusade against plurality.

I think the easiest fix would be for Gareth to include
uk.radio.amateur, so that his fan club in the UK could properly enjoy
his discourse and so that I don't see any of it.

[uk.radio.amateur added to the Newsgroups list]

You can filter by author, in one group or globally, using Forte Agent.

RL
Old June 8th 16, 05:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

On Wed, 08 Jun 2016 07:57:23 -0500, legg wrote:

You can filter by author, in one group or globally, using Forte Agent.
RL

Done. You're now added to my filter list.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

LOOK!!!! MR. evil talking to himself MR. evil is AKC property!! CB 0 March 16th 08 11:05 PM
Talking about Nam download.com Shortwave 0 February 19th 07 06:52 AM
Now your talking 5th edition Zach K7LTF Swap 0 December 13th 04 04:07 AM
Now your are talking Jennie Shortwave 0 October 25th 04 02:27 AM
R U talking? Scott Unit 69 CB 2 August 7th 03 09:21 PM