Old October 21st 04, 08:44 AM
Fractenna

"Fractenna" wrote in message
There were bunch of articles promising miracles, but it did not work
according to the promises, otherwise we would hear about it, see them
around.

Very interesting. Can you point out the citations of these articles

promising
miracles?

Let's do it differently: you point out single Cell phone, Wi-Fi or other
consumer gadget that uses Fractal antenna. Point out any other application
when the fractal antenna made difference.

Of course I could. But, even I can be convinced that a NG is not the site for
commercial marketing, Andrey.

No reason to do it differently; I have invited you to make citations So...maybe
I and others will learn something?

I will be happy to briefly discuss the technology and not the commercial
products, however.

There is no question that in some single band cases, there are many different
solutions that will meet a highly compromised need. The value equation in
performance and cost, does, shall we say, benefit from the huge design space
available with fractal antenna designs in other circumstances. That is, 99% of
real needs.

The price of cell phone antennas has dropped from about $1.20USD to less than
$0.09USD in the last 8 years. Let's say that in high volume (and for a given
model, its actually not that high)the COGS is $0.06USD PU. Now pay the
insurance premiums that the brain cancer litigation issue--an ongoing one, I
might add-- adds. Suddenly, there's no reason to be in cell phones, unless you
want to have a high chance of going out of business--as many antenna companies
have; seems like one or two goes under every month or so. Obviously some folks
want to continue to take that risk.

I'm not going to provide a list for you of products on this NG: customers, from
my observation, want the emphasis to be on their product and not on a component
in that product. I certainly know of applications in those markets you
describe, in addition to emerging markets along those lines.

Of course, there is no reason why YOU can't spend some money and pop some tops.

Fractal antennas have made profound differences in the lives of many in the
last few years, through their unique benefits in: smaller size; widebandedness;
multibandedness; embedded/covert placement, control of observables; and so on.
The early adopters have embraced the technology, and wireless commercial sector
you allude to, after a very tough 2003, is coming back well.

So, you can see that the reality is very different from your statement. Or
maybe you can't see that, in which case you should listen to someone who knows
the reality.

I hope this helps. If you have commercial interests you know where to reach me
off NG. Otherwise, it all goes outside of the scope of this forum, doesn't it?

73,
Chip N1IR
Old October 21st 04, 12:31 PM
AA

Just so everyone is warned yet again, I personally would describe your site
as
a combination of non-attributed extant knowledge; trivial irrelevancies; and
interpretations that do not follow from the data. It avoids any real info in
extraordinary detail. Much of it is just plain wrong.

It is, as someone expert in the field, a poor source of info.

Knowing that you are eager for you and yours to be tied up in something
bigger
than a mere amateur's web site, I feel that I am most happy to back up those
statements formally, meaning--why wait? Let it really be on the public
record:-)? That way LOTS of people will see why my statements are accurate
and
that your agenda is, well, not motivated by the love of knowledge with
regards
to this subject

Your move, sport. It won't get resolved on a NG.

Nice soliliquy...shows you "got sum learnin", as some say in this area....still
haven't answered my question on the commercial availability of such antennas.
Is anyone selling them so that a "normal" person could look at one? Website,
retailer, wholesaler, etc?? If these things are so good, why is there only
hyperbole and no commercially available applications?

"The proof of the pudding is in the tasting."
I would honestly like to see some indication that these things are a viable
antenna. ¿Me intiendes?

Old October 21st 04, 12:37 PM
AA

s a website of the company claiming to be
inventors of Fractal Antenna: Fractal Antenna Systems.
http://www.fractalantenna.com/

And I asked for "publicly accessable" info from Herr Doktor....he gave me the
runaround; so, thank you for this link. Tho 25 bux for a reprinted article is
a tad high......one could post a PDF rather easily.

Old October 21st 04, 12:49 PM
Fractenna

And I asked for "publicly accessable" info from Herr Doktor....he gave me the
runaround; so, thank you for this link. Tho 25 bux for a reprinted article
is
a tad high......one could post a PDF rather easily.

I gave you no runaround, sir. No one knows who you are, based upon your
insistence on anonymoty.

Professionals act like professionals and don't hide behind screennames.

I gave you the opportunity to take it off-line, and you have refused to do so.

So, let me offer you a second opportunity. Tell us who you are, and where you
work, on this NG, and I will be glad to answer your questions here.

73,
Chip N1IR
Old October 21st 04, 12:51 PM
Fractenna

"The proof of the pudding is in the tasting."
I would honestly like to see some indication that these things are a viable
antenna. ¿Me intiendes?

Then be an Honest A(be) and tell us who you are.

73,
Chip N1IR

Old October 21st 04, 02:54 PM
Mark

"Fractenna" wrote in message
And I asked for "publicly accessable" info from Herr Doktor....he gave me

the
runaround; so, thank you for this link. Tho 25 bux for a reprinted

article
is
a tad high......one could post a PDF rather easily.

I gave you no runaround, sir. No one knows who you are, based upon your
insistence on anonymoty.

Professionals act like professionals and don't hide behind screennames.

I gave you the opportunity to take it off-line, and you have refused to do

so.

So, let me offer you a second opportunity. Tell us who you are, and where

you
work, on this NG, and I will be glad to answer your questions here.

73,
Chip N1IR

I too would like to see the same information that Mr "A" is looking for.

I've looked at the Fractantenna web site and there is only marketing info
available.

Mark
M1MPW

Old October 21st 04, 03:56 PM
Fractenna

I've looked at the Fractantenna web site and there is only marketing info
available.

Mark
M1MPW

Sure;

Drop me a line.

73,
Chip N1IR
Old October 21st 04, 04:26 PM
Richard Clark

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:54:57 +0100, "Mark"
wrote:

I've looked at the Fractantenna web site and there is only marketing info
available.

Hi Mark,

And the intent in being obscure, or coy, is another marketing
technique to churn a amateur newsgroup for commercial interest. When
drawn into these banalities, the marketeer then steers the sucker
through the maze of claims to elicit a public declaration "sure this
looks good." Once having secured this admission from the prospect,
the marketeer then has the leverage to ask "what is keeping you from
giving me your money?"

All very standard and by the book [consult the recent activities of
Mr. Spitzer, Attorney General for New York for other material found in
"the book"].

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old October 21st 04, 04:33 PM
Fractenna

Hi Mark,

And the intent in being obscure, or coy, is another marketing
technique to churn a amateur newsgroup for commercial interest. When
drawn into these banalities, the marketeer then steers the sucker
through the maze of claims to elicit a public declaration "sure this
looks good." Once having secured this admission from the prospect,
the marketeer then has the leverage to ask "what is keeping you from
giving me your money?"

All very standard and by the book [consult the recent activities of
Mr. Spitzer, Attorney General for New York for other material found in
"the book"].

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

This READS like language, but it's impossible to know exactly what is being
said: context; subject; predicate; and so on.

So, what are you saying?

Who is misleading who; churning who; undertaking "techno-fraud"; and so on.
These are words you have used, now put them together; fill us in.

Your answer Mr. Clark; not someone else's...

73,
Chip N1IR
Old October 21st 04, 05:06 PM
AA

Then be an Honest A(be) and tell us who you are.

This is a newsgroup...emails are harvested just to sell to spammers. You may
not mind getting a ton of email, but I do. However, remove the obvious from my
munged email and send the reply on over. Name is Andrew, company is privately
held (Bradford International), I work with Sara Lee, Kayser Roth, Golden Lady,
Grupo Synkro, and others. ¿Basta?

And it was YOU who stated that this was "commercial"....not I, sir. Thus, it
is up to you to prove so.

BIIYC