Old October 20th 04, 02:30 PM
AA

Yes. Drop me an e-mail and I'll be happy to provide details.

73,
Chip N1IR

Why? You posted the "commercial" claim in a public forum, please reply to
same. I simply would like to know....if such antennas are commercially
available, then please provide a URL or sales site with the information on the
antennas. As an engineer, I am always interested in new/different technology,
thus the desire to look at a commercial unit application. Or are you getting
Shakespearian on me?

Old October 20th 04, 02:48 PM
Fractenna

Why? You posted the "commercial" claim in a public forum, please reply to
same. I simply would like to know....if such antennas are commercially
available, then please provide a URL or sales site with the information on
the
antennas. As an engineer, I am always interested in new/different
technology,
thus the desire to look at a commercial unit application. Or are you getting
Shakespearian on me?

Since I don't know who you are, it would be helpful to be professional and take
it off line.

Best wishes,
Chip N1IR
Old October 20th 04, 02:53 PM
Richard Clark

Hit or myth, they still bring in the discussion.
a Myth is as good as a mile
Old October 20th 04, 05:04 PM
AA

Why? You posted the "commercial" claim in a public forum, please reply to
same. I simply would like to know....if such antennas are commercially
available, then please provide a URL or sales site with the information on
the
antennas. As an engineer, I am always interested in new/different
technology,
thus the desire to look at a commercial unit application. Or are you getting
Shakespearian on me?

Since I don't know who you are, it would be helpful to be professional and take
it off line.

Best wishes,
Chip N1IR

Simple request, complicated (non) answer. I merely ask for ONE commercial site
using this technology. Your reply equals "no". Indeed, an answer worthy of
Shakespeare.

"Much Ado About Nothing."

Old October 20th 04, 05:05 PM
Andrey

Fractal antennas ... turned out to be useless. That's how I understand it.
It is not a myth, as someone here said it. Drawing "fractal dipole" is shown
in "Antennas for all applications" - there is such a book. It,
anecdotically, does not do you much of anything.
Looks fancy, that's it.

There were bunch of articles promising miracles, but it did not work
according to the promises, otherwise we would hear about it, see them
around.

Andrey

Old October 20th 04, 07:52 PM
Fractenna

There were bunch of articles promising miracles, but it did not work
according to the promises, otherwise we would hear about it, see them
around.

Very interesting. Can you point out the citations of these articles promising
miracles?

Also, how often do you hear about bacon? Or the wonders of frozen food? At some
point, the new stuff mainstreams, and you won't hear as much about it:-) I, for
one, am very happy with the point that the technology has reached.

Let's see...British Columbia...hmmm...pipelines; hotels (you know where Banff
is, right?); farm inventory; coffee shops; retail stores; yadayada.

Look harder. You might learn something.

73,
Chip N1IR
Old October 21st 04, 02:29 AM
Richard Clark

On 19 Oct 2004 14:37:27 -0700, (horde52) wrote:

For a mid-UHF fractal antenna, what kind of power can be used to
transmit, 100 watts, 1000 watts, 10,000 watts...?

To All who endured the string of non-answers, Greetings!

I cannot say that I could add anything substantial towards resolving
your issues, however, the tenor of your questions leads me to believe
you would appreciate some fundamentals on the topic. Visit:
http://www.qsl.net/kb7qhc/antenna/fractal/index.htm

I would warn you, if you do not have a high speed connection, some
pages may take a while to download (also considering a slow server at
times). The various links that you will find at this page constitute
the single greatest exposure of the topic on the web (the commercial
outfits are pedestrians along the freeway of information). There are
more than 300 pages. illustrations (supported by pages of their higher
resolution graphics) and technical details.

Be forewarned there is nothing about construction details. Their mere
appearance should yield the reason why.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old October 21st 04, 07:52 AM
Andrey

"Fractenna" wrote in message
There were bunch of articles promising miracles, but it did not work
according to the promises, otherwise we would hear about it, see them
around.

Very interesting. Can you point out the citations of these articles

promising
miracles?

Let's do it differently: you point out single Cell phone, Wi-Fi or other
consumer gadget that uses Fractal antenna. Point out any other application
when the fractal antenna made difference.

What specific advantages you can achieve using fractal pattern? Increase
bandwidth to some degree, make it a bit smaller - it can be done in numerous
other ways. What else?

Let's turn to some empirics. Here is a website of the company claiming to be
inventors of Fractal Antenna: Fractal Antenna Systems.
http://www.fractalantenna.com/

They were making them since 1998 I guess, have patents, all that. Look at
the antennas (the antennas look beautiful, btw, like jewelry) - they can
make it for any applications. Yet we do not see those antennas. And it does
not look like the guys swim in money.

What does it tell us?

Andrey

Old October 21st 04, 07:53 AM
Fractenna

"Fractenna" wrote in message
[...]

It tells us that you are not seeking info; it tells us that you have an
agenda; it tells us that your interest has nothing to do with this NG:-)

Have a pleasant day there, eh?

73,
Chip N1IR
Old October 21st 04, 08:04 AM
Fractenna

Be forewarned there is nothing about construction details. Their mere
appearance should yield the reason why.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Hi Richard,

Just so everyone is warned yet again, I personally would describe your site as
a combination of non-attributed extant knowledge; trivial irrelevancies; and
interpretations that do not follow from the data. It avoids any real info in
extraordinary detail. Much of it is just plain wrong.

It is, as someone expert in the field, a poor source of info.

Knowing that you are eager for you and yours to be tied up in something bigger
than a mere amateur's web site, I feel that I am most happy to back up those
statements formally, meaning--why wait? Let it really be on the public
record:-)? That way LOTS of people will see why my statements are accurate and
that your agenda is, well, not motivated by the love of knowledge with regards
to this subject

Your move, sport. It won't get resolved on a NG.

73,
Chip N1IR