RadioBanter

-   -   Fractal Antennas (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/2465-fractal-antennas.html)

horde52 October 19th 04 10:37 PM

Fractal Antennas

For a mid-UHF fractal antenna, what kind of power can be used to
transmit, 100 watts, 1000 watts, 10,000 watts...?

Fractenna October 19th 04 11:25 PM

For a mid-UHF fractal antenna, what kind of power can be used to
transmit, 100 watts, 1000 watts, 10,000 watts...?

I've had such antennas at very high QRO, but not for ham use.

Some designs, as with antennas in general, will arc at very high voltages.
Others will not.

It takes experience to pick the design that deals with the specs, including a
HV spec.

That's a commercial issue and beyond the scope of this NG.

73,
Chip N1IR

Wally Gator October 20th 04 02:12 AM

horde52 wrote:

For a mid-UHF fractal antenna, what kind of power can be used to
transmit, 100 watts, 1000 watts, 10,000 watts...?

Fractal antennas are a myth.

I have yet to see one in QST or at the very least e-Bay®.

Fractenna October 20th 04 02:23 AM

Fractal antennas are a myth.

I have yet to see one in QST or at the very least e-Bay®.

QST: They had their chance in 1994.

E-bay:If your'e waiting for liquidation stock, good luck: be a lo-oooooong
wait-)!

73,
Chip N1IR

AA October 20th 04 04:10 AM

It takes experience to pick the design that deals with the specs, including a
HV spec.

That's a commercial issue and beyond the scope of this NG.

Who sells them? "Commercial" indicates that such antennas are in production
and being offered for sale.

"...if one tolerates bad manners, they grow worse. I must find the oaf who did
this thing, explain to him his offense, give him a chance to apologise, then
kill him." (R.A. Heinlein, "The Cat Who Walks Through Walls")

Richard Clark October 20th 04 05:01 AM

On 20 Oct 2004 03:10:51 GMT, (AA) wrote:
Who sells them? "Commercial" indicates that such antennas are in production
and being offered for sale.

Look in the yellow pages under heating elements.

Wes Stewart October 20th 04 06:31 AM

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:01:07 GMT, Richard Clark
wrote:

|On 20 Oct 2004 03:10:51 GMT, (AA) wrote:
|Who sells them? "Commercial" indicates that such antennas are in production
|and being offered for sale.
|Look in the yellow pages under heating elements.

ROTFLMAO

Fractenna October 20th 04 07:53 AM

Who sells them? "Commercial" indicates that such antennas are in production
and being offered for sale

Yes. Drop me an e-mail and I'll be happy to provide details.

73,
Chip N1IR

October 20th 04 10:30 AM

Hit or myth, they still bring in the discussion.

Fractenna October 20th 04 12:08 PM

Hit or myth, they still bring in the discussion.

No need. Not in this forum.

73,
Chip N1IR