Old September 7th 17, 01:36 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default ping GM4DHJ - bounce-up in progress

In message , Brian Reay writes
GIan Jackson wrote:
In message , Brian Reay writes
On 06/09/17 11:28, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Geraldine Stewart
writes

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Geraldine Stewart
writes

"FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI" wrote in message
news "Stephen Thomas Cole" wrote in message
news Rambo wrote:
On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 07:10:44 +0000 (UTC), Moderator
wrote:
On Tue, 05 Sep 2017 02:57:19 -0400, rickman wrote:
Moderator wrote on 9/3/2017 2:19 PM:
On Sun, 03 Sep 2017 14:06:45 -0400, rickman wrote:
You're kidding yourself, I'm not trashing the group on my

wanted look like you had some authority so you pointlessly shot
your
mouth off.

You still haven't figured it out. In the group I visit the only
messages showing up are yours. So this is all about YOU and only
YOU.

Oh, that's you in the clear, you halfwitted septic ******.

You're a ****ing idiot, Bro.

Behave Steve.

Nothing to do with me, Rich.

Where are you Jim? You're missing all the fun.
;-)
.
73 de Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI - mine's a pint.
.
http://turner-smith.uk

He won't be back.

Has he done a Wlat?

Hubby tells me Walt was a nice man who got sick of the silly people
on here
and left.I have made Jimmy do the same.
Well done. But like Wlat, he will be sorely missed.

Who was/is Wlat?

A legend in his own lifetime!

Perhaps in his own mind.

[BTW, as northeasterner, did you see that Mike Neville has died?]

Oh dear, he was something of a real legend. The Walter Conkite of Tyneside.

He and a fellow presenter, as I recall, had a sideline in singing
traditional folk songs and the like in the late 60s/70s. He must have been
a respectable age but it is still sad to learn of his death.

He was 80.

I don't recall him singing folksongs. Are you thinking of Alex Glasgow?
I seem to remember him occasionally being on Radio 4's Today programme -
but he was mainly a folksinger, songwriter and playwright. Mike
Neville's news sidekick was George House, who died in 2012.

As well as being a TV news reader and personality, Mike Neville also
appeared on the 'Larn Yersel Geordie' record.

He was very well respected - and one of Jez Lowe's folk songs about the
news that the local pits were going to close was entitled 'Mike Neville
said it (so it must be true)'.

--
Ian
Old September 7th 17, 02:52 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 06/09/2017 06:56, Brian Morrison wrote:
On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 21:13:21 +0100
Geraldine Stewart wrote:

He won't be back.

Why not? For all his rather pointless posts we rather like having him
about.

Qwality.

--
Mouse.
Where Morse meets House.
Old September 7th 17, 06:18 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 06/09/2017 11:56, Brian Morrison wrote:
Geraldine Stewart wrote:

He won't be back.

Why not? For all his rather pointless posts we rather like having him
about.

WHS!

--
Spike
Old September 7th 17, 07:09 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Geraldine Stewart wrote:

He won't be back.

Why not? For all his rather pointless posts we rather like having him
about.

WHS!

Aw.... I like Jim too. A lot of us do.
Old September 8th 17, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Who will win? :-) (rejected)

On Fri, 08 Sep 2017 15:37:59 -0400, rickman wrote:

Moderator wrote on 9/5/2017 3:10 AM:
On Tue, 05 Sep 2017 02:57:19 -0400, rickman wrote:

Moderator wrote on 9/3/2017 2:19 PM:
On Sun, 03 Sep 2017 14:06:45 -0400, rickman wrote:

You're kidding yourself, I'm not trashing the group on my own. You
wanted look like you had some authority so you pointlessly shot your
mouth off.

You still haven't figured it out. In the group I visit the only
messages showing up are yours. So this is all about YOU and only YOU.

Oh, that's you in the clear, you halfwitted septic ******.

You're a ****ing idiot, Bro.

You still aren't getting it.

You're stll a dim septic ******.

Old September 9th 17, 08:48 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 08/09/17 22:37, Rambo wrote:

It is in the British Library, get off you backside and look for it.
You've already been told by someone else the index isn't online so your
trick of saying you can't find it is clearly a bluff.

In which you won't mind stating the title of the article, which
publication, author and which section to look in. You would have also
gone and got it copied yourself if it existed.

Of course the simple fact you haven't, would imply that you are lying.

So why hasn't your chum made good on his empty threats?

Like you he, falsely, claims the article is bogus.

He knows it isn't. He also knows it refers to him.

No matter how much you bluster Dumbo, it won't make the article any less
real or change who it refers to.

Old September 9th 17, 08:58 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 08/09/2017 22:37, Rambo wrote:
Brian Reay wrote:

It is in the British Library, get off you backside and look for it.
You've already been told by someone else the index isn't online so your
trick of saying you can't find it is clearly a bluff.

In which you won't mind stating the title of the article, which
publication, author and which section to look in. You would have also
gone and got it copied yourself if it existed.

Of course the simple fact you haven't, would imply that you are lying.

I still see no reason to amend the 'all mouth and trousers' view of all
this.

--
Spike
Old September 9th 17, 12:26 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 08:48:21 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:

On 08/09/17 22:37, Rambo wrote:

It is in the British Library, get off you backside and look for it.
You've already been told by someone else the index isn't online so your
trick of saying you can't find it is clearly a bluff.

In which you won't mind stating the title of the article, which
publication, author and which section to look in. You would have also
gone and got it copied yourself if it existed.

Of course the simple fact you haven't, would imply that you are lying.

So why hasn't your chum made good on his empty threats?

Like you he, falsely, claims the article is bogus.

He knows it isn't. He also knows it refers to him.

No matter how much you bluster Dumbo, it won't make the article any less
real or change who it refers to.

The article exists only in your head. Go see a therapist.

====
Visit North Kents 2nd biggest supplier of Sour Grapes
http://www.grapesdirect.co.uk
Old September 9th 17, 01:13 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Brian Reay wrote:

It is in the British Library, get off you backside and look for it.
You've already been told by someone else the index isn't online so your
trick of saying you can't find it is clearly a bluff.

In which you won't mind stating the title of the article, which
publication, author and which section to look in. You would have also
gone and got it copied yourself if it existed.

Of course the simple fact you haven't, would imply that you are lying.

I still see no reason to amend the 'all mouth and trousers' view of all
this.

That is the view I have of Cummins, Dumbo, and you- as you mention it.