Old October 21st 04, 07:24 AM
Radio Man

Default 2,6 & 10 Mtr Vertical?

Is it possible to construct or purchase a 2, 6 & 10 mtr
vertical?

Old October 21st 04, 08:19 AM
Lou

I can't say how good it was as to quality or actual usage results, but MFJ
made an antenna that was as you are asking about. I think it covered a few
more bands too. Whether they still make it or not, I don't know.

Lou

Old October 21st 04, 12:17 PM
Scott

For 6M and 2M, see the website on the copper cactus antenna. I have one
on 2M and they work nicely. See
http://archimedes.galilei.com/raiar/cactus.html for plans for copper
cactus antennas from 6M up to 1296 MHz.

For a 10M vertical, you could buy a CB vertical and shorten the vertical
and radial elements a bit to tune it up on 10M.

Scott

--
Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/
Old October 23rd 04, 06:32 PM
Jimmie

erio.net...

"Radio Man" wrote in message
Is it possible to construct or purchase a 2, 6 & 10 mtr
vertical?

I made a J-pole antenna for 10 meters a while back. Dont tthink there is any
reason you couldnt build a "copper Cactus" type of antenna that includes
these three bands.
There is plenty of info on this type of antenna on the net. I have not seen
any that include 10M though. Usually 6,2 and 432. Should be doable though.

Old October 24th 04, 08:18 PM
HAO'S

Ok this mite not help much but..
I was using my 10M ground plane antenna (1/4 length)
on 145.500 with a swr 1:1.
I had about 40M of RG213
As expected gain was out of the question.. But at lest local rag chew was
posible...

Ï "Radio Man" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞ*õìá

Old October 25th 04, 03:06 AM
William

"Radio Man" wrote in message news:RCIdd.7880$n81.905@trnddc08...
Is it possible to construct or purchase a 2, 6 & 10 mtr
vertical?

The MFJ-1796 covers 2, 6, and 10 (and 15, 20, and 40m).