Old October 27th 04, 04:04 AM
PDRUNEN

Default L-match tuner with off-center dipole

Hi Group,

I picked up a nice AEA AT-300 tuner. It's a bit different than anything I used
before from MFJ. MFJ has the one lnductor with two tuning caps where as the
AT-300 has two inductors and one tune cap.

I connected me off-center dipole, which has 80 feet on one leg and 40 on the
other and is fed with a 4:1 balun at the input and 50 feet of RG-58 down to the
tuner.

I also have a MFJ-269 antenna analizer and would tune the AT-300 using the
reading for the impedance and shooting for 50 ohms with no reactance as
indicated by the MFJ readout.

Well, now, it was very hard to tune and I found that it was more like trial and
error.
So, is there a method of set up to maybe select one inductor for best 50 ohm
resistive and then select the other for best minimum reactance and then tune
out the VSWR with the capacitor?

De KJ4UO.....

Paul