Old November 13th 04, 03:15 AM
Robert Lay W9DMK

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:45:25 GMT, "NN7KexNOSPAMk7zfg"
wrote:

A note for anyone downloading this program (and thanks, by the way)-
At least on my computer, this program auto launchs when you (re-)boot
the machine- the shortcut was installed in the windows start menu.
To prevent this, simply delete the shortcut, or pull to desktop - then
can launch when you want it- without haveing it run every time you
reboot your computer-- Jim NN7K

Dear Jim,

I have completed a test installation of the ver 1.4 on a Windows XP
system, and I think I can explain what must have happended during your
installation. There comes a point in the installation where the
installer presents a list of different Start-Programs folders for you
to choose from. By default it shows SmartSmith as the selected folder.
However, directly below that is the folder "Start Up". I have to
assume that you inadvertantly selected the "Start Up" folder instead
of leaving it at the default.

Bob, W9DMK, Dahlgren, VA
http://www.qsl.net/w9dmk
Old November 13th 04, 10:17 PM
NN7Kex

Bob- that entirely possible-- and b.t.w., downloaded the 1.5.3- and
after deleteing the older version- installed it- no problems. One
other thing- when installing both versions (should have written
them down), there were 3 files, notifying me that my computer had
LATER versions of , already on this system! Tho, don't know if from
windows updates, or from other programs already on this computer.
Kept the newer ones, and seems to run fine (your 1.5.3). Again, thanks.

--
To reply, remove the NOSPAM
Old November 14th 04, 01:12 AM
Robert Lay W9DMK

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 22:17:41 GMT, "NN7KexNOSPAMk7zfg"
wrote:

Bob- that entirely possible-- and b.t.w., downloaded the 1.5.3- and
after deleteing the older version- installed it- no problems. One
other thing- when installing both versions (should have written
them down), there were 3 files, notifying me that my computer had
LATER versions of , already on this system! Tho, don't know if from
windows updates, or from other programs already on this computer.
Kept the newer ones, and seems to run fine (your 1.5.3). Again, thanks.
Jim NN7K

OK, Jim - all's well that ends well. BTW, it is normal that such files
as the ones from my Win 2000 system might be older than those on a
Windows XP system. I do all of my development on Win 2000 Server, and
it preceded Window XP by a year or two.

Good luck, and be sure to let us know if there are any other
questions, bugs, etc.

There will be a new release within a week or so, if the beta testing
goes well.

Bob, W9DMK, Dahlgren, VA
http://www.qsl.net/w9dmk