Old December 3rd 04, 11:21 AM
Bob P

Default Open wire source?

Anyone know of any outfits selling open wire line?
I know how to homebrew it, just too lazy.
Bob
kb8tl / at / yahoo / dot / com

Old December 3rd 04, 11:54 AM
KC1DI

Bob P wrote:
Anyone know of any outfits selling open wire line?
I know how to homebrew it, just too lazy.
Bob
kb8tl / at / yahoo / dot / com

There are several here is a list of a few.

http://www.w7fg.com/ant.htm
http://www.davisrf.com/ham1/ladder.htm
http://www.radiobooks.com/
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/cable/3028.html

There are more you can get them by doing a google search for Ladder line.

hope this helps.
73 Dave kc1di

Old December 3rd 04, 12:00 PM
KC1DI

I'm sorry for the multiple listing , my server went nuts on me.
cheers,
73 Dave kc1di

Old December 3rd 04, 01:02 PM
K9SQG

Are you interested in true open wire line or window line?
Old December 5th 04, 05:20 PM
Bob Miller

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 20:27:38 GMT, (Edmund H.
Ramm) wrote:

In "Bob P" writes:

Anyone know of any outfits selling open wire line?
[...]

W7FG for one.
www.w7fg.com

Just beware of the stuff called "Wireman". It's no better than
twinlead, i.e. susceptible to weather and dirt. For more detailed
information you might want to read N7WS' article "Balanced Trans-
mission Lines in Current Amateur Radio Practice".

73, Eddi ._._.

There is no stuff called "Wireman". There is a supplier of ham radio
antenna supplies called "The Wireman". I get most of my antenna
materials from him lately, and they're pretty good, including the
ladderline he sells. Specifically, what's the problem?

The open wire line from w7fg, by the way, is well made. I have a hank
of it, aand no complaints.

bob
k5qwg

Old December 6th 04, 01:34 AM
Terry Ashland

I'm just the opposite. I'm not lazy, just cheap! What have you used
for open wire feeders for 100 watts or less?
Terry, WK0F