Old September 10th 03, 04:28 PM
Jim Leder

Default Half square idea

Currently I'm using a half square on 20 meters with fair results.
I've been considering building a dual band half square for 17 and 10
meters. My idea is to use plastic coat hangers for the driven element
spreaders (the quarter wave vertical tail) and for the 10 meter
vertical tail, measuring off the proper distance on the phasing line
and dropping the other 10 meter element off of it. The other 17 meter
tail will be at the end of the horizontal phasing line. This means a
common horizontal phasing line instead of a second line for 10 meters
(sharing the same horizontal line). Does this seem like it will work?
Anyone tried it?
Old September 10th 03, 06:34 PM
James

Hi,

Check http://www.cebik.com lots of info on many antenna including
the half squares etc.

jimbo

EZNEC and Half Square James Antenna 0 August 13th 03 03:21 PM
30 meter add-on for HF2-V idea Terry Ashland Antenna 1 July 25th 03 05:16 AM