Old July 23rd 03, 01:50 AM
Terry Ashland

Default 30 meter add-on for HF2-V idea

I haven't tried it, but I thought why wouldn't a 23' foot piece of
wire parallel to the HF2-V fed at the base work for 30 meters? I
realize you might have to retune 40 and 80, but it sure would beat
buying the 30 meter add on kit. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Anyone try any other 30 meter solutions with this vertical?
73,

Terry, WK0F
Old July 25th 03, 05:16 AM
Terry Ashland

Thanks John. I think I will give it a try next week and post the
results. I reckon I should space the 30 meter quarter wave wire at
least 5 inches from the HF2V. I will probably get some sort of
non-conductive stand off and clamp it to the aluminum tubing. I have
a beam for the higher bands so I don't really need 20 meters.

"John" wrote in message ...
I used to use a 40mtr quarter wave wire vertical and a 30 mtr quarter wave
wire vertical in parallel up a 10mtr fibre-glass pole and it worked fine,
though they were separated by about 5 inches. Coincidentally I now have a
HF2V with the 30m add-on kit but I'm sure you could run a parallel 30mtr
quarter wave instead of the add-on kit. The Butternut 20 mtr add-on kit for
the HF2V is a piece of wire, a quater wavelength long, fed in parallel with
the main antenna.

John
G4IRN

om...

60 meter ERP W5DXP Antenna 1 July 21st 03 02:18 PM
2 meter tv twin (300ohm) J pole question 'Doc Antenna 2 July 18th 03 03:21 PM