Old October 1st 03, 10:50 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

Default NYC, NNJ, EPA Radio Octoberfest

Howdy Antenna Aficionados and regular hams !

Reminder, reservations needed by Oct. 4th to

There will be special Ham tables or you can book your exclusive. The price is
paltry $25 per person, if table of 8 or more is reserved $20/person, no need
for donations, bribes or taxes. Unbelievable fun fueled by original, direct
from Schwartzwald - Spaten Oktoberfest Bier on tap, all you can drink! You can
also bring your favorite booze, setups - glasses, ice will be provided. Don't
miss it, make your reservations now before we run out of tables.

Directions and poster are at
http://www.k3bu.us/octoberfest_2003.htm

See you all there!

Oktoberfest Oberchairman
Yuri Blanarovich

Montville Oktoberfest Dinner - Dance

Saturday, October 11, 2003 7 - 11 p.m.

Dinner includes:
Main course:
Sauerbraten mit gravy, Bratwurst,
Spaetzel, Red Cabbage

Desert:
Applestrudel, Coffee, Soft drinks

Main attraction:
Spaten Oktoberfest Beer on tap

For dancing and listening pleasu
DJ music by popular European bands

by Knights of Columbus
at Msgr. Meyer Parish Center
St. Pius X RC Church
24 Changebridge Rd., Montville, NJ 07045

Admission $25/person, dinner and drinks included, BYOB setups

Reservations required by 10/4, tables for groups of 8 - 12 available at
$20/person

Call Yuri Blanarovich, tel. 973 808-1981, Email
or mail your reservations by Oct. 4th with checks made to
St. Pius X KoC,
Box 282, Pine Brook, NJ 07058

Bring your friends and have a great time!

Ein prosit!

Old October 2nd 03, 04:50 AM
@'86 DASPAMnetscape.net

Hi Yuri!

When I was a kid in the '50's and '60's, I grew up in Newark. Once a
month, my folks would take me for a drive to the "Pine Brook Auction
House". They had just about everything for sale there!

Are they still in business?

Alain...WPE2OLR [Newark News Radio Club member, circa 1962]

Old October 2nd 03, 07:15 PM
Peter O. Brackett

Yuri:

[snip]
I thought it would be good oportunity for some antenna gurus to get
together,
tell few lies, stretch few dBs and rotate few heads. Last year we had two
tables of hams, so we hope to grow.
Anyone from NYC, NNJ or EPA interested, please check
www.K3BU.us for poster and directions.
Email me with reservations at by Oct. 4th.

Dr. Atkins allowed to sin here and there if there is no light version
available.

73
Yuri, K3BU
[snip]

I'm glad that Dr. Atkins followers are allowed to sin!

I assume it is because Spaten has no carbohydrates! :-)

Sorry I can't attend in person, will be there in "spirit".

--
Peter K1PO [Oktoberfest survivor]
Indialantic By-the-Sea, FL

Old October 3rd 03, 02:21 AM
Yuri Blanarovich

When I was a kid in the '50's and '60's, I grew up in Newark. Once a
month, my folks would take me for a drive to the "Pine Brook Auction
House". They had just about everything for sale there!

Are they still in business?

Alain...WPE2OLR [Newark News Radio Club member, circa 1962]

I am affraid, that was before my time in W2, I got here in 86.
Just wondering where it would have been. Have not seen anything like it now.

In 1958 (till 69) I was back in OK3 (BU, KGH, KAH, KAG) and remember quite a
few cards from WPE2 gang. I was also OK3-5292 and recall my days of SWLing on a
modified broadcast receiver (best training). I wondered that NNRC must have
been big club of active members. Nice to hear from you, come and join us for
good food, beer and fun!

73 Yuri

www.K3BU.us