Old September 17th 03, 09:11 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

Default NYC, NNJ Radio Octoberfest

Howdy Antenna and other Radio Afficionados!

Here it is again, if you missed it last year, here is your chance to have radio
and polka fun at Montville, NJ Oktoberfest!

There will be special Ham tables or you can book your exclusive. The price is
paltry $25 per person, no need for donations, bribes or taxes. Unbelievable fun
fueled by original, direct from Schwartzwald - Spaten Oktoberfest Bier on tap,
all you can drink! You can also bring your favorite booze, setups - glasses
will be provided, no need to hide it. Don't miss it, make your reservations now
before we run out of tables.

Easy to get to: from Hwy 80 take 287 north, to exit 47 for 202 east, about 1/4
mile make right at traffic light by Exxon onto Changebridge Rd., St. Pius X
Church and center is about 1/2 mile on the left, plenty of parking. No need to
travel to Germany, it is right here in your backyard. Excellent opportunity to
meet by good beer, tell the lies and have fun with your brothers and sisters
hams.

Directions and poster are at www.K3BU.US

See you all there!

Oktoberfest Oberchairman
Yuri Blanarovich, K3BU

Montville Oktoberfest Dinner - Dance

Saturday, October 11, 2003 7 - 11 p.m.

Dinner includes:
Main course:
Sauerbraten mit gravy, Bratwurst,
Spaetzel, Red Cabbage

Desert:
Applestrudel, Coffee, Soft drinks

Main attraction:
Spaten Oktoberfest Beer on tap

For dancing and listening pleasu
DJ music by popular European bands

by Knights of Columbus
at Msgr. Meyer Parish Center
St. Pius X RC Church
24 Changebridge Rd., Montville, NJ 07045

Admission $25/person, dinner and drinks included, BYOB setups

Reservations required by 10/4, tables for groups of 8 - 12 available

Call Yuri Blanarovich, tel. 973 808-1981, Email
or mail your reservations by Oct. 4th with checks made to
St. Pius X KoC,
Box 282, Pine Brook, NJ 07058

Bring your friends and have a great time!

Ein prosit!
Old September 18th 03, 01:16 AM
Richard Harrison

Yuri wrote:
"See you all there!"

You got Hof Brau und Wil Glahe? I`ll be there snell!

Best regards, Richard Harrison KB5WZI

Old September 18th 03, 04:36 AM
Yuri Blanarovich

concerned W7EL:

I hope this newsgroup doesn't become a posting ground for every regional
hamfest in the world, or even the U.S., or even New Jersey.

I am terribly sorry for trying to offer NYC - NNJ radio aficionados the
opportunity to discuss reflections, SWR, and "what kind of antenna should I put
up" topics in person, while having fun dealing with real people, instead of
Internetchiks.

Sorry to disturb this highly charged NG and take your attention away from
Fractals, CFAs, EHs, SWRs and wet coax.

Long live antenna police, long live SWR and keep your heads inside the radios,
Isabel is coming (but that is localized too, shoot.)

BUm

Spaten Oktoberfest Bier ist sehr gut!

Old September 18th 03, 09:02 AM
Peter O. Brackett

Yuri:

[snip]
Spaten Oktoberfest Bier ist sehr gut!

[snip]

Ahhhh Spaten! Sounds like fun.

Hey, too bad I'm so far away. I love Spaten, can't get any down here...

Me? I've had an "early" taste of Spaten's first off Oktoberfest Bier at
Spaten's Munchen brewry
and beer hall on the very Friday night before Munchen Oktoberfest opens.

Let me tell you a little bit about my "experience".

Munchen's Oktoberfest always opens right at the noon bell on Saturday
directly after the Saturday
morning Bier parade through downtown to the Oktoberfest site, exactly when
the mayor of Munich
drinks the very first litre of Oktoberfest Bier to open the debauchry.

By the way... The parade is wonderful with all those beautiful hand carved
big Bier Wagons pulled by
those great teams of huge draft horses, pulling the fresh Oktoberfest Bier
from the Munchen brewries
to the fairgrounds.

Then from noon onward all day Saturday, after each thousand litres of
Oktoberfest Bier is consumed the
numerous Umpa bands strike up with a raucus chorous of "Ein Prosit" all over
the fairgrounds to mark the consumption of each thousand litres! This
happens like clockwork all day. Wonderful.

Oktoberfest in Munchen is the world's biggest and best beer bust! If you
don't like "beer busts"
don't go!

I had the pleasure of attending a couple of those extreme Bier events while
escorted by some of my
"expert" Bavarian friends dressed in Leiderhosen. [Guys from Siemens for
whom I was doing some
consulting work at the time].

Once my Bavarian friends got into the swing and our Leiderhosen was covered
in Bier I couldn't stop
them no matter how hard I tried...

:-)

We actually started drinking those lovely pne litre mugs of Oktoberfest Bier
[which they brew but once
per year] on the Saturday noon at opening, and travelled from tent to tent
all day [All the Munchen brewries
have their own huge "tent" each of which seats thousands.] drinking more
litres and enjoyning the music
of those Umpa bands, not stopping until the Oktoberfest Bier spiggots were
turned off at 11:00pm.

Every couple of hours or so the Bavarians would drag me out of the Bier
tents and over to the row of midway
roller coaster rides and then they forced me to go through loops in the air
while trying to get themselves
sober without "spilling" Spaten on the spectators below. Hint... if you
ever do this
don't try to drink litre for litre with the Bavarians!

Then they would march me back to the Bier tents to drink more Oktoberfest
Bier litres until we had sampled
at least two from each of those many fine Munchen brewries inside their
"tents".

Luckily my hotel for that trip into bachanalia was only about 5 blocks from
the fairgrounds and so near
midnight I slowly "walked-wandered-staggered" back through Munchen's
midnight streets and crowds
of drunken revellers to the hotel to fall into bed. The next day, Sunday I
awakend to the world's biggest
headache and still feeling "woozy". Then the phone rang and my Bavarian
friends were down in the lobby
and ready to take me to see Neuswanstein! They didn't seem any the worse
for wear, but me... Ohhhh....

I never again spent a whole day at Oktoberfest...

But Yuri I have a question for you...

How do you reconcile Spaten with Dr. Atkin's way to live?

--
Peter K1PO [Oktoberfest survivor!]
Indialantic By-the-Sea, FL.

Old September 24th 03, 01:55 AM
Yuri Blanarovich

I never again spent a whole day at Oktoberfest...
But Yuri I have a question for you...
How do you reconcile Spaten with Dr. Atkin's way to live?

--
Peter K1PO [Oktoberfest survivor!]
Indialantic By-the-Sea, FL.

Nice an colorfull description of the real thing in Munich!
The closest thing I have been to is bunch of the Oktoberfests in
Kitchener-Waterloo in Ontario, whole week.
We are trying to provide some quality food - dinner and Spaten Bier in an
evening, without parade etc.
I thought it would be good oportunity for some antenna gurus to get together,
tell few lies, stretch few dBs and rotate few heads. Last year we had two
tables of hams, so we hope to grow.
Anyone from NYC, NNJ or EPA interested, please check
www.K3BU.us for poster and directions.
Email me with reservations at by Oct. 4th.

Dr. Atkins allowed to sin here and there if there is no light version
available.

73
Yuri, K3BU