Old October 5th 03, 11:50 PM
Jack Twilley

Default Update on antenna situation

Old October 6th 03, 06:40 AM
Jack Twilley

Old October 6th 03, 04:21 PM
Bob Miller

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 15:50:41 -0700, Jack Twilley
wrote:

The antenna has two elements for a flat 40m dipole and two elements
for an "inverted vee" 20m dipole. I have two additional elements for
an "inverted vee" 10m dipole, but those are not yet installed. The
antenna rests on four eight-foot "sturdy stakes" from Home Depot,
which are strapped with hose clamps to existing iron clothesline
poles. The resulting height for the 40m dipole is about thirteen feet
but the feedpoint hangs at about nine feet. I plan on using another
sturdy stake to lift the feedpoint up to the same height as the rest
of the supports.

Nice job -- which department has the "sturdy stakes"?

Bob
k5qwg

Thanks for all the hard work and encouragement.

Jack.

EH antenna, FCC certification is arrived stefano Antenna 27 October 4th 03 02:47 PM
Ten-tec vee beam Tom Coates Antenna 8 September 21st 03 12:47 AM
Compact HF antenna (RX-only) for reference in antenna tests? Crazy George Antenna 4 September 4th 03 05:32 PM
Off Center Fed Dipole: Windom HSQ Charles Wittnam Antenna 8 September 2nd 03 01:25 AM
50 Ohms "Real Resistive" impedance a Misnomer? Dr. Slick Antenna 255 July 29th 03 11:24 PM