Old July 29th 03, 02:20 PM
Walter Maxwell

Richard Clark wrote:
Hi Tom,

Well I have little to fear of that from this group.

I just saw Gilbert and Sullivan's "The Gondoliers" last Saturday
night, visited the new Opera house the week before (they were setting
up for "Parsival") and have been to more than a few Opera fund drives
in the past year (full dress dinners). Then there were several Balls,
lectures (National Geographic), the Bavarian Symphony (front row,
third balcony - nie wieder!), "42nd Street" and as the King of Siam
would say: "et cetera, et cetera, et cetera." Hardly describes my
calendar for the year.

Back when I was in the film society, we had a hook-up program with the
Opera's Ring Cycle and showed Fritz Lang's "Die Nibelungen." To most
who even recognize either, that wouldn't be so remarkable until you
realize that this was a silent movie. There were quite a number of
"silent" Operas done in the 20's.

Well, T³ was a hoot (and kept us cool to boot). But is
getting too steep for a shorter sequel. The story is rather
derivative from T² (the liquid metal pursuer, even if a girl, is
getting a bit thin). There seems to be a new logic in showing movies
(matches some of the posting tactics I've seen here), if the plot is
wobbly, turn up the volume.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC, past President of the Seattle Film Society

Hi Richard,
If I'm permitted to add a little trivia, Jean and I were in St. Petersburg
earlier this month, where we saw the Russian Kirov Ballet performing
"Gisele' in the Kirov theatre. We also saw the house where Tchaikovsky lived
during his later composing days.

Walt, W2DU

Old July 29th 03, 04:35 PM
Art Unwin KB9MZ

Mark,
A couple of correction before I completely move away from my antenna
Yes I did not got to University, nor did I have a normal schooling in
my childhood since the London was undergoing changes forced upon it by
a man named Hitler
However I do believe that I have gained an education of sorts since I
managed to
meet all academic requirements as a P.E. I came to the States because
of offers that I received (expenses paid)My family sold up after three
months and followed me when it was realised that I ccould not last for
ever on fast food.
Since I workrd for G.E. as a Senior engineer upto retirement I now
lead a comfortable life. The patents that I wrote up on antennas
reflectes my inexperience with the subject but the present write up
should be more readable
when it is finally accepted by the P.T.O. As far as actually making my
antennas
it would be foolhardy not to, including double checking with computor
analysis together with academic review from first principles. All of
the above was done as a hobby to suit myself only as a 'lifeline'
activity after a serious illness. Enough said... my present project is
a 'micky' mouse tuner.
Best Regards
Art

(Mark Keith) wrote in message om...
(Art Unwin KB9MZ) wrote in message
Mark,
Put the whole antenna idea aside The thing could not possibly work, my
activity is a total illusion. If anything new comes along, which is
highly unlikely since all is known,do you really believe it would be
the likes of me to find it?

Many useful inventions have come from people that on the surface, you
would think are surely dumbasses in their fields due to lack of
training. I can think of many right off the top of my head. I don't
think Bill Lear had too much school and training, but he seemed to do
ok as one example. I think he invented the 8 track, along with a few
other aviation related patents. "I think anyway"..
Not to mention cobbling together the jet airplane which is quite
common at airports these days. So this "poor dumb ole Art" crap is not
going to fly far with me. If you feel the antenna would work, I think
you should build it. I would ignore everything everyone says. BUT! I
wouldn't presume to flog others for their lack of "vision", just
because something you don't even use or seemd to have built in real
life is not readily accepted as practical. If you think it's a great
idea, use it. The end performance will tell the true story.
As an example, note the "EH" guy. Personally, I think he's on a
misguided turd hunt, but at least he's got the nads to actually build
the crazy looking things. And this eventually lets others compare them
to tell the true story. Unfortunately, his antenna seems to be
primarily a feedline hanging device. It supports the feedline, which
is the "real" antenna and does the bulk of the radiating. I think a
pully or other hanging device would be about as efficient overall. :/
MK

Old July 29th 03, 05:08 PM
Richard Clark

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:20:58 GMT, "Walter Maxwell"
wrote:

Hi Richard,
If I'm permitted to add a little trivia, Jean and I were in St. Petersburg
earlier this month, where we saw the Russian Kirov Ballet performing
"Gisele' in the Kirov theatre. We also saw the house where Tchaikovsky lived
during his later composing days.

Walt, W2DU

Hi Walt,

Wish I had been there along with you.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old July 29th 03, 08:28 PM
Tdonaly

Richard Clark wrote:
[...]

You guys sure know how to lead the good life. I've been reduced, lately, to
sitting around the house reading leather-bound classics.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH
Old July 29th 03, 09:52 PM
Walter Maxwell

"Tdonaly" wrote in message

Richard Clark wrote:
[...]

You've just given me the opening to rub it in a little. We took a three-week
N European Cruise from Dover to LeHavre, Oslo, Copenhagen, Rostock, Gdansk,
Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm and back to London. One of the
best cruises we've had.

Had a lot of fun with the GPS. It still worked while in Eastern Longitudes.
I got Ian's phone number from Roy, but any time I was available to call him
was an inappropriate time to call him, so I missed him. Roy emailed Reg to
have him email me his address, and I sent him two emails asking for it, but
he never answered. Was hoping to be able to meet them both while in England,
but better luck next time. I hope you're drooling, Tom.

Walt, W2DU

Old July 29th 03, 11:24 PM
Tdonaly

Hi Tom,

You've just given me the opening to rub it in a little. We took a three-week
N European Cruise from Dover to LeHavre, Oslo, Copenhagen, Rostock, Gdansk,
Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm and back to London. One of the
best cruises we've had.

Had a lot of fun with the GPS. It still worked while in Eastern Longitudes.
I got Ian's phone number from Roy, but any time I was available to call him
was an inappropriate time to call him, so I missed him. Roy emailed Reg to
have him email me his address, and I sent him two emails asking for it, but
he never answered. Was hoping to be able to meet them both while in England,
but better luck next time. I hope you're drooling, Tom.

Walt, W2DU

I certainly am, Walt.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH