Old November 8th 03, 06:05 PM
Charles Wittnam

Default AEA Isoloop: Stepper Motor Repair

I have an old AEA Isoloop that I bought 14 years ago. The stepper
motor that moves the large central tuning capacitor has gone to the great
antenna farm in the sky.
I am trying to find a replacement for it. ( After I hung a large wire
antenna system my XYL suddenly became nostalgic about the Isoloop). I do
not have any technical info about what motor is needed. I can probably
figure it out when I pull everything apart, but I wondered if anyone had
access to this information?

Charlie KD7HU

Old November 8th 03, 09:32 PM
Dave VanHorn

I am trying to find a replacement for it. ( After I hung a large wire
antenna system my XYL suddenly became nostalgic about the Isoloop). I do
not have any technical info about what motor is needed. I can probably
figure it out when I pull everything apart, but I wondered if anyone had
access to this information?

Check the winding resistance, and wether it's a bipolar (four wire) or
unipolar (more than four wires) If the replacement is mechanically fit, and
the same general resistance and scheme, you'll be fine.

Old November 9th 03, 02:44 AM
Art Unwin KB9MZ

Ouch ! I would have thought what you said was true...except
if he has the delux control unit then I would think that angle
displacement
would be extremely important. If you just have a std stepper motor
drive then aim for 200 steps per rev
Art

Old November 9th 03, 03:59 AM
Dave VanHorn

"Art Unwin KB9MZ" wrote in message
m...
Ouch ! I would have thought what you said was true...except
if he has the delux control unit then I would think that angle
displacement
would be extremely important. If you just have a std stepper motor
drive then aim for 200 steps per rev
Art

Ok, I wasn't aware they had two flavours.

You can tell the steps per rev by feeling the cogging with your fingers as
you turn the shaft.
Make a witness mark, and count the cogs over a revolution.

You won't find a 199 step/rev motor, so don't worry if you don't get exactly
200, it's still 200 if you're anywhere near.

Old November 9th 03, 06:43 PM
Mikey

Contact M2 (m-squared) Antennas; they actually manufactured the Isoloop for
AEA.

73,
Mike KI6PR
El Rancho R.f., CA