Old July 11th 05, 06:49 PM
Charlie

Default AD5TH Tower - Storm Damage Photos

In all honesty to those that ridiculed the tower and it's associated
riggings etc...I have posted photos of the damage incurred from the category
4 hurricane Dennis. I never expected this kind of result...live and learn I
suppose. Here is the direct link..

1. http://deepsouthnet.net/storm_damage.html

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

Old July 11th 05, 07:08 PM
David G. Nagel

Charlie wrote:
In all honesty to those that ridiculed the tower and it's associated
riggings etc...I have posted photos of the damage incurred from the category
4 hurricane Dennis. I never expected this kind of result...live and learn I
suppose. Here is the direct link..

1. http://deepsouthnet.net/storm_damage.html

Your point would have been better if you had used actual before and
after pictures. If you check the name on each picture you will find that
they are the same exact file. Nice try...

Dave N
Old July 11th 05, 07:58 PM
Charlie

The images are the same yeah...DUH!!
Since there was no damage.....except perhaps your brain damage.
You don't catch on too fast do you?

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

Old July 11th 05, 08:05 PM
Bob Miller

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:08:49 -0500, "David G. Nagel"
wrote:

Charlie wrote:
In all honesty to those that ridiculed the tower and it's associated
riggings etc...I have posted photos of the damage incurred from the category
4 hurricane Dennis. I never expected this kind of result...live and learn I
suppose. Here is the direct link..

1. http://deepsouthnet.net/storm_damage.html

Your point would have been better if you had used actual before and
after pictures. If you check the name on each picture you will find that
they are the same exact file. Nice try...

Dave N

Not sure what Charlie's point is -- the Dennis hurricane historical
map doesn't show it anywhere close to Union, Mississippi...

bob
k5qwg

Old July 11th 05, 08:28 PM
Fred W4JLE

While the after picture may represent the condition of your tower after the
storm, it is NOT an after picture. Why the false representation?

Old July 11th 05, 08:35 PM
Charlie

Because the images are virtually the same..even if I stepped outside and
shot a "true after" picture it would be the same image.

Sorry to disappoint all you guys but there was no damage here.....as all but
a very few "tower experts" predicted.

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

Old July 11th 05, 08:37 PM
Charlie

That's crap John....provide a link that shows the track "nowhere near". We
were under a Inland Hurricane" warning from 5PM last night. Maybe your
cartographer skills are a little rusty.

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

Old July 11th 05, 08:46 PM
Bob Miller

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:37:57 -0500, "Charlie"
wrote:

That's crap John....provide a link that shows the track "nowhere near". We
were under a Inland Hurricane" warning from 5PM last night. Maybe your
cartographer skills are a little rusty.

Looks like it was hitting Mississippi up around Columbus, and heading
North from you...

How high did your winds get ... in Union?

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical.../at200504.html

bob
k5qwg

Old July 11th 05, 08:52 PM
Charlie

Bob,
The storm was not a pinpoint single line width across the map but over 3 0 0
m i l e s wide. I did not measure the "winds in Union". If they were not
high enough for you then maybe better luck next time.

--

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH

Old July 11th 05, 09:07 PM
Bob Miller

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:52:11 -0500, "Charlie"
wrote:

Bob,
The storm was not a pinpoint single line width across the map but over 3 0 0
m i l e s wide. I did not measure the "winds in Union". If they were not
high enough for you then maybe better luck next time.

According to the storm category indications on the map at

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical.../at200504.html

"Hurricane Dennis" was actually a "tropical depression" before it ever
crossed into Mississippi, some distance north of Union.

Charlie, I would never wish high winds upon anyone, but before you
brag about riding out a Category 4 Hurricane, you should be a little
more accurate in your terminology :-)

Have a good one...

bob
k5qwg

AD5TH Tower Project Completed - Pics Online [email protected] Antenna 9 July 6th 05 09:05 PM
AD5TH Tower Project Completed - Pics Online KATHY LEE KC8QJP CB 2 June 27th 05 01:35 AM
FYI: NOAA Lightning Safety Awareness Week K4YZ Policy 0 June 8th 05 02:25 AM
Single ground Bill Ogden Antenna 26 November 25th 04 03:47 AM
Is lighting nuts? CIL Antenna 29 October 23rd 04 11:38 PM