Old November 13th 03, 11:12 PM
N1RZB

Default 6 Meter Glass Mount ??

Dose any antenna manufacture make a 6 Meter Glass Mount Antenna? If
so,please let me know, I'm looking for one.

Thanks, N1RZB

---

Old November 14th 03, 01:35 PM
AA

Does any antenna manufacture make a 6 Meter Glass Mount Antenna? If
so,please let me know, I'm looking for one.

Thanks, N1RZB

Just installed a dual band glassmount to allow mounting a UHV-6 for the HF/6M
rig....set up the G/M with the Alinco dual bander, checked it with the antenna
analyzer to tweak it to the fav repeaters. Not very happy with it, even w/low
SWR (as many have noted...a dummy load has low SWR!). Previous antenna was a
Comet SB-15 which worked wonderfully....the glassmount is quite poor compared
to that antenna. I'll probably add a diplexer to use the UHV-6 instead of the
G/M and/or reinstall the SB15. A 6M antenna would be even worse, I would
imagine, as coupling it would take a larger mount. My personal opinion? Try
for another mounting method. However, if you find a G/M 6M antenna, hope your
experience is better than mine.

Cheers!

Old November 15th 03, 02:35 AM
Bob Miller

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 18:12:47 -0500, "N1RZB"
wrote:

Dose any antenna manufacture make a 6 Meter Glass Mount Antenna? If
so,please let me know, I'm looking for one.

Thanks, N1RZB

Roughly, a 1/4 antenna on 6 meters would be about 58 inches long. A
little big, it would seem, for adhering to glass.

Bob
k5qwg

---

Old November 15th 03, 09:54 PM
Dale Parfitt

"AA" wrote in message
[...]

The original glass mount patent (now held by AES) described an end fed

1/2 wave radiator. As the bottom Z of a 1/2 wave is very high ( in the
kilOhm rnage) coupling through the glass even at HF is a no brainer. Other
advantages are that the max radiation occurs 1/2 way up the antenna, not at
the base as in a 1/4 wave and the antenna worked well on Corvettes and
fiberglass boats.
The patent was quite good- and so followers like Larsen, Valor et al were
forced into an inferior 1/4 wave design.

I have used a center loaded 1/2 wave glass mount on both 10M and 6M with
excellent results.

Dale W4OP

Larson glass mount question Dan Antenna 6 November 14th 03 07:54 PM
Smith Chart Quiz Radio913 Antenna 315 October 21st 03 05:31 AM
Length of Coax Affecting Incident Power to Meter? Dr. Slick Antenna 140 August 18th 03 08:17 PM
'Gluing' a broken glass antenna insulator. Terry Antenna 7 July 12th 03 03:59 AM