Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 28th 05, 03:49 PM
Mark Veldhuis

Default Buzzz on my Wellbrook ALA 1530 loop

Hello,

I got my Icom IC-R75 rx. connected to a Wellbrook ALA1530 loop antenna.
On this antenna, I have an enormous amount of 'buzzz' on much MW and SW
frequencies. It is much less noticeable on a portable receiver with a
whip antenna.
When I have just the center pin of the PL259 plug connected to the
receiver, much of the buzz disappears. As soon as I connect the other
part of the plug too (the shield of the coax, so to say), it becomes
audible again.
I am not very techinal, and don't know where to start troubleshooting.
Should I look for damage on the coax cable? Could it be badly
soldered/connected BNC plugs? Anything else that's worth investigating?

Many thanks for any tips!
--

73',

Mark Veldhuis.