Old November 16th 03, 02:45 PM
Thierry

Default Best antenna for portable HF ?

Hi,

I have discussed on this page
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-portable.htm
the different models of portable antennas (and amplifiers) suited to work
outdoor (e.g. Field days). This list includes some verticals, longwires, and
short beams.

Could you take a look and suggest me other models that you know be used by
isolated hams working in the field, during your holidays abroad or by
DXpeditions.

Your new antenna should be able to work DX stations and support 0.5-1 kW PEP
max, be relatively light, easy to set, not too cumbersome and, if possible
cheap. This is not a wild dream...

If you know some, please list the model, brand and, for beams, the band
coverage and nbr of elements. I will find add. info on the web.

You can answer me directly by posting your answer on this forum or via my
website http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/post.htm

NB. In the meantime, if you find some typing/grammar errors, please tell me
(as you understood, I usually speak French...)

Thanks in advance

Thierry
ON4SKY
QSL Mgr for LX3SKY

Old November 16th 03, 07:21 PM
Rene PE1RA

"Thierry" Thierry, see http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/ schreef in bericht
Hi,

I have discussed on this page
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-portable.htm
the different models of portable antennas (and amplifiers) suited to work
outdoor (e.g. Field days). This list includes some verticals, longwires,

and
short beams.

Could you take a look and suggest me other models that you know be used by
isolated hams working in the field, during your holidays abroad or by
DXpeditions.

You should check out the Buddipole antenna system: www.buddipole.com .

73 de Rene PE1RA

Old November 17th 03, 08:09 AM
Paul Jordan

I just finished a buddipole myself.. Can't wait to get it all tuned and see
what it'll do with my new Vectronics 20 meter rig I just built.. Now,
where's my hot sauce so I can make that battery...

Paul Jordan
kl0an
Anchorage, AK

Old November 17th 03, 08:08 PM
G&R

Hi Thierry,

An antenna that you may consider is the Baby Boomer Quad. (ie 10-15-20m with
12 and 17m capability).

As to portability, it is a great Portable DXpedition, Field Day , Emergency
and Permanent Antenna.

Would I recommend this as a Back pack antenna? No.

Cheap? No.

Heavy Duty and Quality? YES!

Ten-tec vee beam Tom Coates Antenna 8 September 21st 03 12:47 AM
50 Ohms "Real Resistive" impedance a Misnomer? Dr. Slick Antenna 255 July 29th 03 11:24 PM