Old August 26th 05, 12:26 PM
Al

Default OT - Oscilloscope

I acquired a Tektronix 2430A digital oscilloscope and I'm having problems
with it. Is there a newsgroup that would be proper to post such a question
to? Thanks.

Al KA5JGV
San Antonio, TX

Old August 26th 05, 04:32 PM
Frank

"Al" wrote in message
.. .
I acquired a Tektronix 2430A digital oscilloscope and I'm having problems
with it. Is there a newsgroup that would be proper to post such a question
to? Thanks.

Al KA5JGV
San Antonio, TX

You might try rec.radio.amateur My solution to such a problem would be to
buy the service manual. Problem with oscilloscopes is you often need a
scope to fix a scope. What kind of problems are you getting?

Regards,

Frank

Old August 26th 05, 07:16 PM
Roy Lewallen

Rec.radio.amateur.homebrew would a good place for that question. And if
there are other groups which are better yet, the folks there could
direct you to them.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Old August 26th 05, 08:59 PM
Fred McKenzie

In article , "Al"
wrote:

I acquired a Tektronix 2430A digital oscilloscope and I'm having problems
with it. Is there a newsgroup that would be proper to post such a question
to?

Al-

There are some sharp guys here that may be able to help, but as you noted
it is a bit off topic.

Try sci.electronics.equipment and/or sci.electronics.repair.

73, Fred, K4DII
Old August 27th 05, 12:12 AM
Dino Papas

Try "sci.electronics.equipment" -- lots of scope discussions there.

GL -- Dino KL0S/4

Old August 27th 05, 05:55 AM
998 cc

Al,

There is a Tektronix scope discussion group on Yahoo. Quite a bit of action
there.

Good luck.
Russ
W6OHM

.. .

Old August 27th 05, 11:25 PM
Jim - NN7K

Al, might also contact Deane Kidd (W7TYR) - he has most manuals for
Tek scopes, ect, and his prices are quite reasonable. He may also
help in obtaining parts for them-- try:
Was purchaseing manager at Tek for years! as info-- Jim NN7K
.. .

Old September 29th 05, 03:31 PM
Asimov

"Al" bravely wrote to "All" (26 Aug 05 11:26:49)
--- on the heady topic of "OT - Oscilloscope"

Al From: "Al"
Al Xref: core-easynews rec.radio.amateur.antenna:215746

Al I acquired a Tektronix 2430A digital oscilloscope and I'm having
Al problems with it. Is there a newsgroup that would be proper to post
Al such a question to? Thanks.
Al Al KA5JGV
Al San Antonio, TX

Try s.e.r (sci.electronics.repair), there are ex-Tek workers there who
know them inside out.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Tool: a toy that's profitable to play with.