Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 17th 05, 05:43 PM
aRKay

Default Using a Fan Dipole for Six Meters

I just purchased a Ten-Tec 1208 Transverter to get my feet wet on six
meters. I would like to use my existing W9INN fan dipole if possible.
At the present time the fan dipole has three sets of wires from the
common feed point for 40/80, 10 MHz and 18 MHz. My plan is to add
another short set of wires cut for 50.125 MHz. Since each of the new
wires will only be 4.67 feet, I plan to use stand offs and run them
close to the 40/80 dipoles. It will be interesting to see if this
really works. Any suggestions for the short stand off insulators?

Dick, AA5VU
aa5vu at arrl.net