Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 23rd 05, 07:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Chris W

Default Crimp, Clamp or Solder?

I am new in ham radio and want to get set up to make the coax assemblies
I will inevitably be needing in the future. I am planing on using only
LMR style coax 240, 400, 600 and maybe some 900 if I get into the 1.2ghz
stuff. So is it better to use the crimp, clamp or solder on
connectors. In the case of the center conductor, there are some where
that is solder and the outer is crimp or clamp so is crimp and or clamp
ok for the outer conductor and solder better for the inner? I welcome
all points of view on this. Thanks for you input.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com

solder paste for SMT? TRABEM Homebrew 3 October 3rd 05 06:02 PM
Warning -- bad new type of solder flux Mike Knudsen Boatanchors 20 March 31st 04 10:46 PM
CHEAP SONY 2010 REPAIR Smokey Shortwave 23 March 28th 04 03:48 PM
sn96.3 ag3.7 solder qstn BOEING377 Boatanchors 12 February 17th 04 05:04 AM
Who makes the best solder braid? Richard Homebrew 50 January 5th 04 06:39 AM