Old January 12th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
jimbo

Default Any Such Coax Switch?

I have two, 2 meter radios, one in my basement shack and one in my
computer room on the second floor. I have one 2 meter antenna located
in the third floor attic. I would like a switch that would switch the
antenna between the two radios and I want the radio that is not
connected to the antenna to be connected to a dummy load.

Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but all of the switches I have
found so far, switch multiple antennas to one radio and ground the
unused antenna(s).

Thanks for any help, jimbo
Old January 12th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob Miller

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:00:34 -0700, jimbo wrote:

I have two, 2 meter radios, one in my basement shack and one in my
computer room on the second floor. I have one 2 meter antenna located
in the third floor attic. I would like a switch that would switch the
antenna between the two radios and I want the radio that is not
connected to the antenna to be connected to a dummy load.

Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but all of the switches I have
found so far, switch multiple antennas to one radio and ground the
unused antenna(s).

Thanks for any help, jimbo

There's an mfj switch, MFJ-1700C, that handles six antennas on one
side, six transceivers on the other. Rated up to 30 mhz, so may or may
not be right for 2 meters.

bob
k5qwg
Old January 12th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wes Stewart

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:00:34 -0700, jimbo wrote:

I have two, 2 meter radios, one in my basement shack and one in my
computer room on the second floor. I have one 2 meter antenna located
in the third floor attic. I would like a switch that would switch the
antenna between the two radios and I want the radio that is not
connected to the antenna to be connected to a dummy load.

Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but all of the switches I have
found so far, switch multiple antennas to one radio and ground the
unused antenna(s).

You need a transfer switch. Transco makes model 310 if you can find
one. They're usually priced like the high quality stuff they are tho.

Old January 12th 06, 07:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Here you go:

http://www.dbp4switches.com/d-xn.htm

MW

Old January 12th 06, 09:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Martes

"jimbo" wrote in message
I have two, 2 meter radios, one in my basement shack and one in my computer
room on the second floor. I have one 2 meter antenna located in the third
floor attic. I would like a switch that would switch the antenna between
the two radios and I want the radio that is not connected to the antenna to
be connected to a dummy load.

Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but all of the switches I have found
so far, switch multiple antennas to one radio and ground the unused
antenna(s).

Thanks for any help, jimbo

Jimbo

How much power?? I have built some fairly good coax switches for 144
MHz with microswitches. They wont stand up to a KW. But they sure can
work OK at 10 or 20 watts.

I'd consider using three spdt coax switches for your application.

Jerry

Jerry

Old January 12th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
jimbo

jimbo wrote:
I have two, 2 meter radios, one in my basement shack and one in my
computer room on the second floor. I have one 2 meter antenna located in
the third floor attic. I would like a switch that would switch the
antenna between the two radios and I want the radio that is not
connected to the antenna to be connected to a dummy load.

Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but all of the switches I have found
so far, switch multiple antennas to one radio and ground the unused
antenna(s).

Thanks for any help, jimbo

Thanks for the replies. I have some homework to do! I was thinking of
a simple manual switch, similar to the Alph-Delta two position antenna
switch. The spdt and dpdt switches are a whole new ball game for me.

Thanks for any additional advice, jimbo
Old January 14th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne P. Muckleroy

Bird Electronic use to carry a manual transfer switch for 50 Ohms. They
probably still carry it because they obsolete nothing. You may find one on
E-bay. Go to the Bird web-site and get the model number.

http://www.bird-electronic.com/produ...ct.aspx?id=407

Wayne-
(KC8UIO)