Old February 25th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John, N9JG

Default 80 m compact loop - progress report

Most people put the series tuning capacitor in the top side and the feed
point at the bottom side. Since the capacitor, motor, and their mounting
hardware is quite heavy, I am currently planning to do the reverse of the
above, i.e., tuning capacitor at bottom and feed point at the top. It is not
clear to me if there is any difference between these two configurations.

John, N9JG

"Frank" wrote in message

[snip]
Note that John mentioned he is using a gamma match, and tunes out the
reactance of the loop on the opposite side. The diameter of the loop is a
nominal 20 ft, so it would make the most sense to tune, and feed, the
antenna on the two vertical elements. My model is 30 ft at the top, and
8.272 ft at the bottom, so even with the reduced height motorized tuning
makes a lot of sense. I am going to model a gamma match, and opposite
side tuning cap, so will update the code this weekend.

[snip]