Old March 18th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Coils are transmission lines

Gene Fuller wrote:
I ignored the harmonic examples. Who ever said that a coil would be a
lumped inductor when it is operated above its self resonant frequency?

Oh, I forgot to ask you a technical question, Gene. Given that
at 11.78 MHz, the current at the bottom of the coil is 0.17 amps
and the current at the top is 2.0 amps, how do you explain those
values if the current is flowing up through the coil? The details
are at the bottom of the following web page.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/current.htm
Old March 19th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Gene Fuller

Cecil Moore wrote:
Gene Fuller wrote:

I ignored the harmonic examples. Who ever said that a coil would be a
lumped inductor when it is operated above its self resonant frequency?

Oh, I forgot to ask you a technical question, Gene. Given that
at 11.78 MHz, the current at the bottom of the coil is 0.17 amps
and the current at the top is 2.0 amps, how do you explain those
values if the current is flowing up through the coil? The details
are at the bottom of the following web page.

Cecil,

Why is this an issue? Is there someone other than your strawman who has
a problem with this concept? I don't recall anyone ever questioning such
matters. Only in your imagination does anyone deny the existence of
distributed, non-lumped components.

If there really is such a person, it might be better to address your
query to him or to her.

73,
Gene
W4SZ
Old March 19th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Gene Fuller wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:
Oh, I forgot to ask you a technical question, Gene. Given that
at 11.78 MHz, the current at the bottom of the coil is 0.17 amps
and the current at the top is 2.0 amps, how do you explain those
values if the current is flowing up through the coil? The details
are at the bottom of the following web page.

I don't recall anyone ever questioning such matters.

You seem to be trying to have it both ways. 0.17 amps
is not equal to 2.0 amps. 0 degrees is not equal to
180 degrees. How are those values possible in a lumped
inductor?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp