Old April 20th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark

Default Current across the antenna loading coil - from scratch

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:56:57 GMT, "Cecil Moore"
wrote:

"Richard Clark" wrote:
Asked: At one length, one coil exhibits Vf = 0.02,
reduce the coil length, what length for the SAME coil would that be
to render Vf = 0.2 for instance?

3. we are not changing pitch/lambda

So what is the pitch for one turn?

Turning aside what is obvious (that having been answered separately);
we can observe that one coil of a fixed pitch (it seems to bear
repeating for Cecil) does not exhibit a Vf increase from 0.02 to 0.2
by cutting the coil down to one turn. Cecil needs to accomplish what
is doable instead of turning to radical solutions that fail early.
Old April 20th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

"Richard Clark" wrote:
Pitch for any coil remains the same irrespective of its
length. Frequency does not change, diameter does not change; it then
follows that Vf does not change when a coil is shortened.

Gee, I wish I had said that. Now you can argue with Gene. :-)
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP

Old April 20th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

"Richard Clark" wrote:
Turning aside what is obvious (that having been answered separately);
we can observe that one coil of a fixed pitch (it seems to bear
repeating for Cecil) does not exhibit a Vf increase from 0.02 to 0.2
by cutting the coil down to one turn. Cecil needs to accomplish what
is doable instead of turning to radical solutions that fail early.

This is really strange. You are agreeing with what I have been saying
so your argument is with Gene, not me.

What I have said is that as the pitch is decreased the VF increases
and vice versa.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP

Old April 20th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:56:37 GMT, "Cecil Moore"
wrote:

"Richard Clark" wrote:
Turning aside what is obvious (that having been answered separately);
we can observe that one coil of a fixed pitch (it seems to bear
repeating for Cecil) does not exhibit a Vf increase from 0.02 to 0.2
by cutting the coil down to one turn. Cecil needs to accomplish what
is doable instead of turning to radical solutions that fail early.

This is really strange.

That you haven't answered the question? No, not strange at all.
Old April 20th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:53:08 GMT, "Cecil Moore"
wrote:

"Richard Clark" wrote:
Pitch for any coil remains the same irrespective of its
length. Frequency does not change, diameter does not change; it then
follows that Vf does not change when a coil is shortened.

Gee, I wish I had said that. Now you can argue with Gene. :-)

So you didn't say it? You seem to have difficulty expressing concepts
then, don't you? I bet you can't even restate what you THINK has been
said to say it yourself.

No point in waiting, because I won that bet already.

Old April 20th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark

wrote:

"Richard Clark" wrote:
Turning aside what is obvious (that having been answered separately);
we can observe that one coil of a fixed pitch (it seems to bear
repeating for Cecil) does not exhibit a Vf increase from 0.02 to 0.2
by cutting the coil down to one turn. Cecil needs to accomplish what
is doable instead of turning to radical solutions that fail early.

What I have said is that as the pitch is decreased the VF increases
and vice versa.

You can't change the Vf by shortening a Vf = 0.02 coil, hmmm?
Remarkable shortening of your own theory there.

Perhaps you might want to try again using real numbers. Simply
because you play the pity card of forgetfulness (blaming your reader
usually as a bluff) we will reprise the question once again:

Asked: At one length, one coil exhibits
Vf = 0.02,
reduce the coil length, what length for the SAME coil would that be
to render
Vf = 0.2
for instance?

1. We are not changing frequency;
2. we are not changing diameter/lambda
(nor in fact changing diameter OR lambda);
3. we are not changing pitch/lambda
(nor in fact changing pitch OR lambda).

SAME coil means the one being offered, and being shortened - all other
provisos stand
Old April 20th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

"Richard Clark" wrote:
Pitch for any coil remains the same irrespective of its
length. Frequency does not change, diameter does not change; it then
follows that Vf does not change when a coil is shortened.

Doesn't your own posting answer your question?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old April 21st 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Richard Clark wrote:
You can't change the Vf by shortening a Vf = 0.02 coil, hmmm?
Remarkable shortening of your own theory there.

You appear to have forgotten which side you were arguing
but 1/2 of a turn should increase the VF over one turn.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp