Old March 25th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Butch Magee

Default I need help Cecil

(as usual, I'm in great need)

I have great problems in trying to post a photo/webpage to the group to
help identify and discover dimentions to the "Wideband Folded Loop" that
is somewhat described in the artical by RF-Systems Inc.

Cecil, if you would do a google search on this statement "WFL Folded
Loop Antenna", it will bring up the aformentioned artical and photograph.

Upon printing the artical out, you will note that the web site is posted
in the lower left hand of the page as is normal, however, if you enter
that site it will send you to some off the wall site having nothing to
do with antennas.

Now, grab your wireless laptop, hop on your hog and enjoy your hunt for
my benefit.
Old March 25th 06, 11:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
David J Windisch

Butch, it's a folded-up length of folded-dipole sort-of with a
dummy-load/power-absorber in the center. RTMC for the disclaimers.
They're there, believe me.

To play with something like it more easily and inexpensively, attach a piece
of coax to your rig, put a dummy load at the far end, and connect a random
length of wire to the center conductor of the coax, at the dummy load. You
could connect a similar length of wire to the outer coax conductor . . . .
maybe a total of 7.5M of wire in your new terminated dipole ;o)

Hth. 73, Dave, N3HE

"Butch Magee" wrote in message
(as usual, I'm in great need)

I have great problems in trying to post a photo/webpage to the group to
help identify and discover dimentions to the "Wideband Folded Loop" that
is somewhat described in the artical by RF-Systems Inc.

SNIP

Old March 25th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:41:05 -0600, Butch Magee
wrote:

(as usual, I'm in great need)

I have great problems in trying to post a photo/webpage to the group to
help identify and discover dimentions to the "Wideband Folded Loop" that
is somewhat described in the artical by RF-Systems Inc.

Cecil, if you would do a google search on this statement "WFL Folded
Loop Antenna", it will bring up the aformentioned artical and photograph.

S N I P

Your search - "WFL Folded Loop Antenna" - did not match any
documents.
--
73 for now
Buck
Old March 25th 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck

wrote:

(as usual, I'm in great need)

I have great problems in trying to post a photo/webpage to the group to
help identify and discover dimentions to the "Wideband Folded Loop" that
is somewhat described in the artical by RF-Systems Inc.

Cecil, if you would do a google search on this statement "WFL Folded
Loop Antenna", it will bring up the aformentioned artical and photograph.

S N I P

Your search - "WFL Folded Loop Antenna" - did not match any
documents.

Found it: Wideband Folded Loop
--
73 for now
Buck
Old March 27th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Butch Magee

Thank you David, I was afraid that was what I was going to hear.
Everything, it seems, that looks as if it might be the one to go
chasing after, has them little resistors connecting one side to
another. Oh well, back to the drawing boards es think tank!

Butch Magee KF5DE

Old March 27th 06, 12:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Butch Magee

Buck wrote:

Buck, I have discovered, as you have, that all search engines were not
created equal. I'm going to try the new one "ask" (I think thats the
name) and see if it works equally as confused as the others.

Butch

Old March 27th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Reg Edwards

wrote:

(as usual, I'm in great need)

I have great problems in trying to post a photo/webpage to the

group to
help identify and discover dimentions to the "Wideband Folded

Loop" that
is somewhat described in the artical by RF-Systems Inc.

Cecil, if you would do a google search on this statement "WFL

Folded
Loop Antenna", it will bring up the aformentioned artical and

photograph.

=====================================
I need help too.

Could some kind person please describe in detail how the "WFL Folded
Loop Antenna" is folded? It is not at all clear from the description
and photograph. Originally I assume the loop is square.
----
Reg.

Old March 28th 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Buck

=====================================
I need help too.

Could some kind person please describe in detail how the "WFL Folded
Loop Antenna" is folded? It is not at all clear from the description
and photograph. Originally I assume the loop is square.
----
Reg.

A close-up of the photo shows four horizontal wires, though not
necessarily parallel, and three vertical elements I believe are
supports. The horizontal wires are probably connected to each other
through those vertical elements. It is possible that the antenna is
one long wire woven into that butterfly shape you see in the photo.

Buck
--
73 for now
Buck

OT for Cecil or any other ex RRAPers an_old_friend Antenna 4 March 9th 06 06:33 PM
Congats Cecil W5DXP moparholic CB 5 November 20th 05 11:07 AM
Congats Cecil W5DXP moparholic Policy 4 November 20th 05 08:20 AM
"Heeere's Cecil W6RCA/W5DXP!" [email protected] Policy 2 August 7th 05 02:59 PM
Stuff Cecil would argue about Yuri Blanarovich Antenna 0 July 23rd 03 03:37 PM