Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 26th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
W. Watson

Default A Small Indoor FM Antenna

I have a product called RadioShark that is like Tivo for radio. I'm in an
area where FM is a bit hard to get. I would like to receive at least one
station at 88.7 clearly. There are several in the 88 to 89 range that would
do as well. It would be good to have an antenna that does it. I definitely
recall a simple dipole that looks like a T that is made from some TV lead
wire. That's been hooked to an FM rcvr not far from me, but has never worked
to well. Possibly because I have to mount it on a nearby wall and under a
shelf. It seems to me that years ago that a rabbit ears TV antenna included
FM. Certainly the length of the ears were about right. They seem harder to
come by. Something like a desktop model would be good, since RS is hooked
into my computer in the den. Any suggestions?

"No, Groucho is not my real name. I am only
breaking it in for a friend." -- Groucho Marx

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews

Passive Repeater Bryan Martin Antenna 13 February 10th 06 02:03 PM
I Want Another Antenna Lenny Shortwave 4 January 23rd 06 10:12 PM
Yaesu FT-857D questions Joe S. Equipment 6 October 25th 04 09:40 AM
Outdoor Scanner antenna and eventually a reference to SW reception Soliloquy Shortwave 2 September 29th 03 04:04 PM