Old April 1st 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Howard W3CQH

Default Any recomends on a Auto tuner

Looking to purchase an auto antenna tuner that covers from approx 1.6 -
60Mhz. Predominantly for coax.
Any suggestions?

73's

Old April 1st 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
KG0WX

Depends on how bad a mismatch and how much RF you're
going to cram through it. For easier setups, like a dipole and
100w, A LDG Z100 will work. Need more? Get an LDG AT200Pro
or 100 pro. If you are QRP, try a Z11, also from LDG.

I've had experience with all the above tuners (except the 200 which
UPS left on my porch then got stolen.) Anyways, LDG makes
a fair to excellent product line HOWEVER, My K2's internal tuner
will tune a worse match than any of the listed LDG tuners. Of course
if you want a KAT2 tuner, You'll need a K2 to install it in....

I know - you were just looking for an excuse to build a K2, right?

Ken KG0WX

Old April 1st 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry

"Howard W3CQH" wrote in message
Looking to purchase an auto antenna tuner that covers from approx 1.6 -
60Mhz. Predominantly for coax.
Any suggestions?

73's

For price and performance, it is hard to beat the LDG Pro-series.

73

Jerry

Old April 1st 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Alan WA4SCA

The LDG tuners are certainly durable. I still use an old AT-11, no
longer made, which just keeps on matching everything I throw at it.
After a while, you don't even notice the "marbles in a Waring blender
sound" when the relays tune. Hi Hi!

--
Alan
WA4SCA
Old April 2nd 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml

In article .com,
"KG0WX" wrote:

Depends on how bad a mismatch and how much RF you're
going to cram through it. For easier setups, like a dipole and
100w, A LDG Z100 will work. Need more? Get an LDG AT200Pro
or 100 pro. If you are QRP, try a Z11, also from LDG.

I've had experience with all the above tuners (except the 200 which
UPS left on my porch then got stolen.) Anyways, LDG makes
a fair to excellent product line HOWEVER, My K2's internal tuner
will tune a worse match than any of the listed LDG tuners. Of course
if you want a KAT2 tuner, You'll need a K2 to install it in....

I know - you were just looking for an excuse to build a K2, right?

Ken KG0WX

surprized that nobody mentioned the sgc tungers i've been using 2 for
quite some time the mac200 and a sgc237

it tunes all bands/modes a tiny short dipole that i am using down to
never more than 1.2swr tunes in a sec or so and well the 237 is
mostly quite, but being roof mounted moot point

the mac200 has usual relay noise on initial tune, brief click after but
has way cool 4way antenna switch and swr /pwr meters!!

and they tune w/rf by themselfs not that it's unique

i also use ldg great stuff these 2 firms seem to kinda corner the
market

Old April 2nd 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

ml wrote:
surprized that nobody mentioned the sgc tungers

My SGC-230 will tune everything including no antenna
at all. I once forgot to install the coil and stinger
on my mobile antenna. The SGC-230 faithfully tuned the
three foot bottom section to resonance on 75m. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old April 2nd 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry

"Alan WA4SCA" wrote in message
The LDG tuners are certainly durable. I still use an old AT-11, no
longer made, which just keeps on matching everything I throw at it.
After a while, you don't even notice the "marbles in a Waring blender
sound" when the relays tune. Hi Hi!

--
Alan
WA4SCA

I have the Pro100 and it will try to tune up a garage door! There are few
things it won't try to tune. I have the Cobra Ultralite Senior antenna and I
really enjoy the ability to go from 160-10 Meters with one wire antenna.

73

Jerry
K4KWH

Old April 2nd 06, 07:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Howard W3CQH

I guess I should have been a little more specific. Since I live in an
antenna restricted community, I have been able to install (stealth) 360 ft
loop, half of which is on my roof (wire thru TV insulated standoffs), and
the rest of the loop in my attic, fed with RG8U at the center connector.
Because of where the center connector of the antenna, and where my rig is
located, I have to run approx, 70ft of coax feed. I am currently using an
MFJ949 manual tuner, but that is getting to be a real pain when band
switching at the transmitter, and am seeing approx 1.5:1 across all the
bands, but I am sure that if I could remote the tuner to the center
connector, I would get a better match.
73's

Old April 2nd 06, 07:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
danda

"Jerry" wrote in message
..

I have the Pro100 and it will try to tune up a garage door! There are few
things it won't try to tune. I have the Cobra Ultralite Senior antenna and I
really enjoy the ability to go from 160-10 Meters with one wire antenna.

73

Jerry
K4KWH

Jerry
I see you have a Cobra Ultralite senior what is your opinion of it I
have just hade one shipped to the UK, what is your opinion of it? waiting
for a good weekend to get it up in the air.

Old April 3rd 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Oldridge

Cecil Moore wrote in news:WkEXf.50615$2O6.49474
@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

ml wrote:
surprized that nobody mentioned the sgc tungers

My SGC-230 will tune everything including no antenna
at all. I once forgot to install the coil and stinger
on my mobile antenna. The SGC-230 faithfully tuned the
three foot bottom section to resonance on 75m. :-)

Yeah, my MFJ 993B does the same thing, but the coax losses will KILL your
signal!

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667