Old June 1st 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Steve N.

Default Grounding a metal roof

"Sal M. Onella" wrote in message

"Bart Bailey" wrote in message
In Message-ID:lkQdg.27874$QP4.7530@fed1read12 posted on Fri, 26 May
2006 21:12:01 -0700, Sal M. Onella wrote:

they used brass ship models,

Ahhh! the days before Roy and his "modeling software" when we used
"modeling hardware" (:-)

When ships were made of wood and men were made of steel. [[you could tell
by the 'rust' stains on their skivvies]] sorry, still a little old salt
left in the veins...

It's amazing what you can do when money is no object...

73, Steve, K9DCI

Old June 2nd 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. Onella

"Steve N." wrote in message
And so it goes...

snip

I was in the Phillipines, uh oh! it's comming back ... NAV COM STA PHIL

Likewise. I was a CTMSN/CTM3 there. April 1963 - August 1964. Worked in
the receiver building. I have run into a lot of guys who were there -- all
later than this graybeard. I don't recognize your name, even with the extra
u's taken out.

John
KD6VKW

Old June 6th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Steve N.

"Steve N." wrote in message
And so it goes...

snip

I was in the Phillipines, uh oh! it's comming back ... NAV COM STA PHIL

Likewise. I was a CTMSN/CTM3 there. April 1963 - August 1964. Worked in
the receiver building. I have run into a lot of guys who were there --

all
later than this graybeard. I don't recognize your name, even with the

extra
u's taken out.

John
KD6VKW

Lets see... Basic in G.L., A school in Pensacola then I was there...mid 65
to Sept 66. Just "down the road"... CTM3 at the DF site. Names fail me
for 90% of the guys... Passed the test & Practical Factors for CTM2, but
wouldn't sign up for the full 6 active so I spent the last several monthc
fixing typewriters in the receiver bldg instead of going to the site at
Cleat AFB. Boo hoo (short timer from day one)
There were a couple of Air Force guys still there, but not for long.
Do you know about the web site?
http://www.usncva.org/
didn't see any recognizable names there.

73, Steve, K9DCI

Old June 7th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. Onella

"Steve N." wrote in message

snip

Do you know about the web site?
http://www.usncva.org/
didn't see any recognizable names there.

73, Steve, K9DCI

I remember the typewriter shop at the receiver building. First door on the
right, inside the front door. I never worked there, but I often fetched a
shelf spare for an operator.

I know about the NCVA, but I've never been to the website. Going now. TKS

73
John
KD6VKW

Metal Roof and Vertical Antenna Rod Maupin Antenna 11 September 30th 05 01:07 PM
Grounding the Home (PC) Computer's Frame and Power Supply ? ? ? RHF Shortwave 0 January 13th 05 10:38 AM
Single ground Bill Ogden Antenna 26 November 25th 04 03:47 AM
Using a metal roof as a ground plane Rick Frazier Antenna 7 April 19th 04 08:24 PM
Poor vertical performance on metal sheet roof - comments? Kristinn Andersen Antenna 23 August 8th 03 11:08 PM