Old June 7th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
Cecil Moore

Default Give up CB for ham?

clfe wrote:
I'm not sure if you're referring to my post or someone else's who I didn't
see. In "my" example - I was saying if a MIC was broken and they knew code,
they could short out the tranmit pins - like making and breaking contact
such as a key would do - to broadcast a coded message. It "can" be done.

Please tell us when, in human history, it has ever been done.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old June 7th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
jawod

Cecil Moore wrote:

Please tell us when, in human history, it has ever been done.

Yes. It was an episode of the old Adam-12 TV series. Patrolman was
injured in a crashed cruiser. Mic out. but he could click the mic
button...the guy on the other end directed him to "click once if you
hear me and twice if you don't"

Classic television: you had to be there.