Old June 24th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Noise level between two ant types

Reg Edwards wrote:
The thickness of insulation on an antenna wire does not entirely
reduce noise due to (charged particle) precipitation.

Yes, I assumed that was so, but in my case, it reduced the
noise to an acceptable level under most conditions.

Only a very small fraction of particle volts is transferred to the
antenna via antenna capacitance. The result is a reduction in
receiver noise.

Would you mind explaining this law of physics to W8JI?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old June 24th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

J. Mc Laughlin wrote:
Well said, and yet here we are over 100 messages latter (even with a
Cecil filter) with strange contentions still going on.

Please note that 100 years ago, some eminent physicists
had their Einstein filters enabled. Light being affected
by gravity? Good grief!
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old June 24th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gravity

Please note that 100 years ago, some eminent physicists
had their Einstein filters enabled. Light being affected
by gravity? Good grief!
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

1687 -- Newton's Principia Mathematica
1912 -- Einstein's General Relativity
2006 -- Cecil's Clear Sky Charged Particles

Gravity

Old June 24th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gravity

Please note that 100 years ago, some eminent physicists
had their Einstein filters enabled. Light being affected
by gravity? Good grief!

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is
violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
(Arthur Schopenhauer)

Gravity

Old June 24th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

gravity wrote:
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is
violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

What is being missed is that charged particle RF noise
is already conventional-wisdom/mainstream-physics.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old June 24th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John - KD5YI

Cecil Moore wrote:
John - KD5YI wrote:

Why #14 with rounded ends? Because it supports your position? Why not
suppose smaller wire and sharper points?

Seems you misunderstand. I'm not saying corona never occurs.
I'm saying it is possible for charged particle
noise to exist without corona occurring. Do you understand the
difference between an exclusive statement and an inclusive
statement? It's the other side making the exclusive assertions.
All I have to do is present one example where charged particle
noise exists without corona. That case may be a #14 wire with
rounded ends.

No, Cecil, it seem that *you* misunderstand. My point was that you quote 100
uA/cm^2, and it takes very little current to achieve that with a tiny point.

But, nevermind. This has become pointless.

John
Old June 24th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dr. Noonian Soong

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
y.net...
J. Mc Laughlin wrote:
Well said, and yet here we are over 100 messages latter (even with a
Cecil filter) with strange contentions still going on.

Please note that 100 years ago, some eminent physicists
had their Einstein filters enabled. Light being affected
by gravity? Good grief!
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

people have Art Bell filter, is a bad thing?

silly Americans not know 3 main sources of noise. not hard, use Maxell
equations.

maybe i hire Dr. Moore to waste people time. they have no energy left put
up big array. i win contest.

Soong

Old June 24th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dr. Noonian Soong

"John - KD5YI" wrote in message
Cecil Moore wrote:
John - KD5YI wrote:

Why #14 with rounded ends? Because it supports your position? Why not
suppose smaller wire and sharper points?

Seems you misunderstand. I'm not saying corona never occurs.
I'm saying it is possible for charged particle
noise to exist without corona occurring. Do you understand the
difference between an exclusive statement and an inclusive
statement? It's the other side making the exclusive assertions.
All I have to do is present one example where charged particle
noise exists without corona. That case may be a #14 wire with
rounded ends.

No, Cecil, it seem that *you* misunderstand. My point was that you quote

100
uA/cm^2, and it takes very little current to achieve that with a tiny

point.

But, nevermind. This has become pointless.

John

is silly when American need more physics. make up equation and numbers
pulled out of hattrick. you make up anything, maybe 99 percent people
believe.

Soong

Old June 24th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dr. Noonian Soong

And how many missiles must be fired to 100% assure a
kill? :-)

missiles shot at Bikini Island, work 100%. no problem blowing up island.
maybe government pull head out of ass and make more old school technology.

Soong

Old June 24th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dr. Noonian Soong

Unfortunately, one poster here apparently thinks if he cannot
see it, it doesn't exist.

in my country, people say in land of blind one eye man is king.

Soong

Transfer Impedance(LONG) [email protected] Shortwave 8 March 15th 06 01:25 AM
ECM Noise on CB Zombie Equipment 6 June 4th 05 06:48 PM
'Crackling' Noise on HF Band RadioGuy Shortwave 7 April 20th 05 01:04 AM
RACAL RA-17C12 with DSP / digital readout Lucky Shortwave 9 March 15th 05 06:24 AM
Automatic RF noise cancellation and audio noise measurement JGBOYLES Antenna 25 August 11th 03 01:07 AM